RIP -- Lou Ottens, inventor of the cassette tape

Started by steve58, March 13, 2021, 04:58:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

Made many a mixed tape in my younger days.  Thanks and RIP Lou.

And for all you young whipper snappers, these are cassette tapes.  :tickedoff:

https://www.techspot.com/news/88916-cassette-tape-inventor-lou-ottens-dies-age-94.html
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Gusington

Loved my tape collection when I was a teenager. RIP.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bobarossa

RIP.   First music I ever purchased was on a cassette tape (Fragile by Yes).  And my 2003 convertible has a combo CD/Cassette player in it.  Your legacy lives on.

demjansk1942

Great album by Yes.  I was running on Long Island one day and found a 8 track container with a bunch of 8 tracks, must have been around 1977 and Fragile was in there.  I remember because Roundabout was the popular song, gave all the tracks to my neighbor.  Don't remember the other 8 tracks in the storage

steve58

Ah Yes...Roundabout :)  Released a few years before I could really appreciate it.  O0

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

demjansk1942

Thanks for including that song was popular going to listen to it now