IRL (In Real Life) > Current Events

Crew member killed by accidental discharge on set of Alec Baldwin movie

(1/4) > >>

al_infierno:
RIP, very sad news about this tragic and preventable accident.   :(

https://www.santafenewmexican.com/news/local_news/sheriffs-office-alec-baldwin-discharged-prop-gun-that-killed-crew-member-wounded-director/article_9612afc6-32c5-11ec-9e2e-e3cc47b69ce5.html

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/alec-baldwin-rust-incident-santa-fe-1235094931/

--- Quote ---Actor Alec Baldwin discharged a “prop firearm” Thursday on a movie set south of Santa Fe, killing the director of photography for the film he was working on and wounding its director, the Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office said.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Deadline previously heard from sources that a principal castmember cocked a gun during a rehearsal, unaware that there were live rounds in it, hitting two people, a man and a woman. The man was hit in the shoulder, while the woman was airlifted to the hospital for stomach surgery.
--- End quote ---

Pete Dero:
This is a nightmare scenario for the victims and their family but also for Mr. Baldwin (it seems he fired a gun meant to be loaded with blanks).

How do you go on with life after that ?

Jarhead0331:
This has happened a few times in the past. If I’m not mistaken, this is how Brandon Lee, the son of legendary martial artist, Bruce Lee, was tragically killed.

Con:
From an article I read - Always liked the film Crow a lot

Tragedy can also strike if the prop gun is improperly loaded, which is what happened to Brandon Lee, son of Bruce Lee, in 1993. He was on the set of his film, “The Crow,” shooting a scene that made use of a prop gun that was mishandled. A cartridge with a projectile tip had unknowingly become stuck, and when a blank round was loaded and fired, it pushed the live round out, fatally wounding him. He died hours later, just 28 years old.

Gusington:
Terrible. I remember the death of Brandon Lee like it was yesterday. The Crow is a really good movie too, a favorite of mine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version