Tobruk, April 11, 1941

Started by MengJiao, October 22, 2021, 12:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MengJiao

Under a blazing North African Springtime Sun, Rommel gets ready to bounce Tobruk (he's not "in" this scenario as himself at all so I stuck his "influence this turn" counter out there with a tree for shade; he's there but he's not helping things):

ArizonaTank

Quote from: MengJiao on October 22, 2021, 12:17:06 PM

Under a blazing North African Springtime Sun, Rommel gets ready to bounce Tobruk (he's not "in" this scenario as himself at all so I stuck his "influence this turn" counter out there with a tree for shade; he's there but he's not helping things):

Good stuff...  I have three BCS titles, but frankly haven't had time to learn the system.

However, I do take them out from time to time and loving go through the contents of the boxes...:)

My other problem is that I have to find someone to play with. My regular gaming group is not very into hardcore wargames. 
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

MengJiao

Quote from: ArizonaTank on October 22, 2021, 03:28:51 PM
Quote from: MengJiao on October 22, 2021, 12:17:06 PM

Good stuff...  I have three BCS titles, but frankly haven't had time to learn the system.

However, I do take them out from time to time and loving go through the contents of the boxes...:)

My other problem is that I have to find someone to play with. My regular gaming group is not very into hardcore wargames.

I have Brazen Chariots (basically Tobruk '41) and Baptism by Fire (basically Kasserine Pass)  I guess I'll get Arracourt (which is more or less just Arracourt).  The SNAPFUs make the
system work well solitaire -- at least for me.  The system emphasizes busting up formations (Brigades, Combat Commands and KGs -- Brigements in Rifle and Spade system terms) and that
really takes several activations and a lucky (or unlucky) break or two.  So the interactions are more abstract than they look.

PS and what's a SNAPFU?  Situation normal all pretty fucked up?  Well in the game system they can spell SNAFU; so that's a good sign.

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on October 22, 2021, 05:57:14 PM

No bounce -- so to keep things mobile each side gets two motorized formations -- Support Group and the 4th Indian Bde for the Imperialists and Trento and KG Herff for the Axis at Dawn on the 13th (when historically the support group and some of Trento could have turned up:

demjansk1942

MengJiao

Quote from: demjansk1942 on October 24, 2021, 05:04:56 AM
Is this the board game?

This is the boardgame Brazen Chariots...Trento gave up its motorized battalion to KG Herf, it seems, but a big attack on Ras el Meduuuar still seems like good plan.

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on October 23, 2021, 02:59:21 PM
Quote from: MengJiao on October 22, 2021, 05:57:14 PM

No bounce -- so to keep things mobile each side gets two motorized formations -- Support Group and the 4th Indian Bde for the Imperialists and Trento and KG Herff for the Axis at Dawn on the 13th (when historically the support group and some of Trento could have turned up:

Morning of the 15th of April, 1941 (not historical, though):

The Axis have penetrated the Red Line in two places.  The Indian Bde counterattacked and pushed the Italians back at Ras el Meduuuar.  The tanks of the light division have not been driven out, but Ulta intercepts suggest the battle is going to be winding down soon: