When Squirrels Attack

Started by airboy, November 12, 2012, 09:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

A high power, subsonic air rifle can whack the little tree rats good.  If it is subsonic you won't have the rifle "crack" to annoy your disney infatuated neighbors. 

Only problem with shooting tree rats is when you thin the herd at your place, they start drifting in from surrounding properties.  Or maybe this is an opportunity - especially if you are from Tennessee and like squirrel stew.

Barthheart

Quote from: airboy on November 14, 2012, 11:39:50 AM
A high power, subsonic air rifle can whack the little tree rats good.  If it is subsonic you won't have the rifle "crack" to annoy your disney infatuated neighbors. 

Only problem with shooting tree rats is when you thin the herd at your place, they start drifting in from surrounding properties.  Or maybe this is an opportunity - especially if you are from Tennessee and like squirrel stew.

Mmmmmm.... tree rats on a stick! Get'em while they're hot! ;)

besilarius

One of the renowned western pioneers, Daniel Boone?  Davey Crockett?, used to show European visitors his way of filling the stewpot.
He called it dusting.
He would shoot at the tree, at a point near a squirrel.  The stunned squirrel would be tomahawked and thrown into a sack.
By one account, he managed to bag twenty squirrels in half an hour.
Kept the stewpot full.
There is a famous recipe in Virginia from colonial days, called Brunswick stew.  Today it calls for a "plump chicken."  If you look at the earliest versions, it calls for a "plump squirrel."
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

Longdan

I would be a little bit cautious.  They talk about squirrel guns in some of those old timey songs.
If they had guns in those days they've prolly got automatic rifles and flamethrowers now.
You guys always arguing about your right to arm bears should learn from this.  Squirrels are
plenty bad enough, especially when they are teenage mutant ninja squirrels who,  the cartoon
tells us,  thrive in the sewer system.  I used to always pictured D. Boone and those guys killing
squirrels to get their guns.  The shoe is on the other foot it seems.
digni enim sunt interdicunt

LongBlade

Quote from: Longdan on November 15, 2012, 06:52:17 PM
I would be a little bit cautious.  They talk about squirrel guns in some of those old timey songs.
If they had guns in those days they've prolly got automatic rifles and flamethrowers now.
You guys always arguing about your right to arm bears should learn from this.  Squirrels are
plenty bad enough, especially when they are teenage mutant ninja squirrels who,  the cartoon
tells us,  thrive in the sewer system.  I used to always pictured D. Boone and those guys killing
squirrels to get their guns.  The shoe is on the other foot it seems.

2nd Amendment baby. Even our squirrels are armed!

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

TheCommandTent

If you end up with armed squirrels you may want to employ some counter sniper kittens.

"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

LongBlade

I'll see your sniper and raise you a minigun.

TheCommandTent

I'll see your mini gun and raise you turtle missiles

"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

LongBlade

OK, bubba. It's on.

Shark with laser.

TheCommandTent

Shark meet Cyber T-Rex.  Cyber T-Rex meet shark.

Bison

LongBlade

Quote from: TheCommandTent on November 15, 2012, 08:33:54 PM
Shark meet Cyber T-Rex.  Cyber T-Rex meet shark.

Against your clumsy dinosaur I will send.............Ninja Puppy!

TheCommandTent

While your puppy fumbles to get his sword out of it's sheath, Mr. Smith will put two between his eyes.

LongBlade

Quote from: TheCommandTent on November 15, 2012, 08:55:29 PM
While your puppy fumbles to get his sword out of it's sheath, Mr. Smith will put two between his eyes.

Hey, Mr. Monkey.

Nobody here but us cute bears wandering through the woods.

Bears.........who know Shaolin Kung Fu!

TheCommandTent