Main Menu

WANT!

Started by bayonetbrant, October 08, 2013, 06:41:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windigo

Star Wars hard case luggage. See it in the airport luggage stores everywhere. Only slightly more cool than a Dora backpack.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

avrotim

currently working on: Crowbar, Thunder in the East, Attack of the 50 Ft Colossi
Currently building: nothing

Staggerwing

Cool! When I was a kid I had one of those die-cast Yellow Submarine toys with all the little hatches and pop-up Beatles inside. I'm afraid to speculate on what it would be worth now...
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Barthheart

I like the fact it has a 10+ years age limit on it... like anyone under the age of 50 is going to buy it!  \m/

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Staggerwing on November 30, 2016, 06:52:43 AM
Cool! When I was a kid I had one of those die-cast Yellow Submarine toys with all the little hatches and pop-up Beatles inside. I'm afraid to speculate on what it would be worth now...

I'm afraid to speculate on the value of ANY of the toys I had when I was a kid. My mom and I reminisced about my huge Star Wars collection from when I was a kid. :(

Windigo

One of my stepsons liquidated some of his Star Wars collection on eBay. Some obscure character still in it's original cardboard and plastic wrap went for a couple hundred. It was some cheap 4 buck figurine about 3 inches tall ....

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Windigo

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on November 30, 2016, 09:19:21 AM
Quote from: Staggerwing on November 30, 2016, 06:52:43 AM

I'm afraid to speculate on the value of ANY of the toys I had when I was a kid. My mom and I reminisced about my huge Star Wars collection from when I was a kid. :(

My parents kept mine stuff in their garage.  I took it down to sell to a nerd store in Vancouver when I was going to move to Poland in order to get some extra cash.  The lady offered me $500 bucks for the lot.  I said no and instead suggested that she take everything and sell it and we'd split the profits 50/50.  Nearly everything sold in 4 weeks and I netted $1400.  Apparently I had some rare stuff that went for a bundle.  (rare Jawa figure, some Death Star set that was only sold by Sears, and some mail in Kenner figure accessories).

BanzaiCat

That Death Star set, I remember clearly. I lived in northern Virginia at the time - think it was 1978 or so - and they were sold out completely in the area. My mom had to ask my stepdad's mom in Texas, whom found it, and sent it to us in Virginia on a bus (of all things; I guess they carry/carried cargo too). I loved that playset and wore it out.

:'( :'( :'(

Sir Slash

Which kid is you BC? The one that looks like Luke Skywalker or the one that looks like Han Solo?  ;D
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

BanzaiCat

Fortunately I was never THAT nerdy to the point of wearing Star Wars costumes. Not even at Halloween.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on December 01, 2016, 07:45:28 PM
That Death Star set, I remember clearly. I lived in northern Virginia at the time - think it was 1978 or so - and they were sold out completely in the area. My mom had to ask my stepdad's mom in Texas, whom found it, and sent it to us in Virginia on a bus (of all things; I guess they carry/carried cargo too). I loved that playset and wore it out.

:'( :'( :'(

Mine was one you could only get from Sears Canada via mail order.  It was all cardboard but it was pretty god damned sweet!  I also sent away to Kenner for some special weapons and accessories for the figures that you could only get by cutting out a bunch of proof of purchases.  Took about 2 months to get the stuff but it felt like forever when I was 8.

BanzaiCat

That IS a pretty cool-looking Death Star. Looks cheaply made but I bet it's worth a small fortune today, intact and in good condition.

Not that the Star Wars Death Star plastic monolith wasn't cheaply-made...like I said I wore it out. The cardboard walls, the trash compactor, the elevator, they all one by one fell apart after constant play, sort of like a Yugo.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers