Main Menu

WANT!

Started by bayonetbrant, October 08, 2013, 06:41:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Staggerwing

Why are those two Imperials on the left shoe fighting each other?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

That's an early Ralph McQuarrie concept painting for the first Star Wars movie. I think it's Luke, in some sort of armor, fighting Vader.

That X-Wing in the Death Star trench is also from a McQuarrie painting.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

Staggerwing

It looks like Luke is wearing a Tie Fighter face mask in that painting.

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

mirth

I think when McQuarrie did the early concept art for Star Wars the story was far from final and he was going on whatever rough material Lucas had at the time. If you look back at the early drafts, it's kinda all over the place about who Vader was, same for Kenobi, Luke, etc. It's pretty cool to get a glimpse of some of the early stuff in the paintings.

Staggerwing

I wonder if the Snow Speeders were partly inspired by WW2 Russian fully-enclosed combat snowmobiles (Aerosleds?) the same way that MiL-24s inspired some of the ships in Attack of the Clones:

bayonetbrant

for our Northern cousins.

and the Canadians who want to keep them south of the wall

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

^awesome. I want one.

Barthheart

Windigo

My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Martok

Quote from: bayonetbrant on August 04, 2017, 10:55:39 AM
for our Northern cousins.

and the Canadians who want to keep them south of the wall

Nice! 

Of course, as a Minnesotan, I already speak a similar dialect.  :P 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

BanzaiCat

Martok, you should check out the Techno Bowl board game - the Vikings are portrayed as the Ragnarok.  ;D O0

mirth

mirth