Main Menu

WANT!

Started by bayonetbrant, October 08, 2013, 06:41:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Sir Slash

And it's fun to wear to the mailbox and scare the shit out of the neighbors.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

^ Now THAT is something I'd want!  :o

Sir Slash

The Commodore shall rise again. Kampgruppe, my very first C-64 game.  :smitten:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Barthheart

I still have my C64... and it works.  :nerd:

bob48

We had a C64 with a 5.1/4" floppy drive, then an Amiga 500, then an Amiga 600HD - with a 20mg HD! Such technology.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Staggerwing

I wish I still had my TRS-80 Coco, C64, and Amiga 500.  :(

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

BanzaiCat

I'm good without the VIC-20 I used to have. The TRS-80 III was my first personal rig, though. Good times, coding in BASIC all day.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: BanzaiCat on October 03, 2017, 06:36:21 AMGood times, coding in BASIC all day.

p'shaw...

real men coded in AtariLOGO  :cowboy:

BanzaiCat

I do not know this blasphemy of which you speak.

Then again I didn't get around much in coding. BASIC, almost COBOL (thank goodness I never got that far), and lately, ActionScript 2.0 and 3.0, but not so much in the last five years or so.

Barthheart

Pfffttt... BASIC, COBOL, FORTRAN, PDP-11 machine code.... kids these days....   :-"

BanzaiCat

There's still computers that run FORTRAN and PDP-11?  :o

Kids! Over here, look! A real live dinosaur!

mirth

Quote from: BanzaiCat on October 03, 2017, 08:11:37 AM
There's still computers that run FORTRAN and PDP-11?  :o

It's scary how many legacy systems are still running FORTRAN, et al. Big problem in the financial sector and some others.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Sir Slash

If the C-64 is coming back, can the monochrome monitor be far behind?