Main Menu

Maps!

Started by bayonetbrant, January 23, 2014, 11:24:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Centurion40

Those Muslim countries are panty-weight drinkers!!  ;)
Any time is a good time for pie.

Martok

I'm a little surprised to see Kazakhstan in the second tier (I'm having a hard time picturing them being as hardcore as Aussies and Canuckistanis), but otherwise that looks about right. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Staggerwing

Looks like Portugal will be taking on the Slavic countries to see who takes home the World Cup of Liver Failure.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

Quote from: Martok on May 08, 2014, 08:02:29 AM
Quote from: Centurion40 on May 08, 2014, 07:22:48 AM
Partially explains why mirth lives in Maine.
Or perhaps he's the reason Maine has such a large number (per capita) of breweries.  ;D 

Quote from: Centurion40 on May 08, 2014, 08:45:18 AM
Quote from: Martok on May 08, 2014, 08:02:29 AM
Quote from: Centurion40 on May 08, 2014, 07:22:48 AM
Partially explains why mirth lives in Maine.
Or perhaps he's the reason Maine has such a large number (per capita) of breweries.  ;D

Hmmmmm....

Which came first the brewery or the Mirth? A question for the ages.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

Both came first - mirth and breweries. Both were zygotes from the same hops-fueled scrotum.

Birds livers of a feather, and all that.

Silent Disapproval Robot

most commonly spoken language by state after English and Spanish.

GDS_Starfury

Frnch creole my ass!  what about standard redneck?
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Firing your shotgun in the air while screaming yee-haa, a-hyuck-hyuck-hyuck and spitting terbakky isn't really a language.

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on May 13, 2014, 07:52:48 PM
Firing your shotgun in the air while screaming yee-haa, a-hyuck-hyuck-hyuck and spitting terbakky isn't really a language.

The South would beg to differ on that one.

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on May 13, 2014, 08:42:14 PM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on May 13, 2014, 07:52:48 PM

The South would beg to differ on that one.

we would indeed.

that roughly translates as I'm over here so don'tcha be shootin over here! (the spit being the actual exclamation point).
now a true cracker can even tell the difference between hillbilly and redneck

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Staggerwing

What is the difference between a Redbilly and a Hillneck anyway?

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

GDS_Starfury

hillbillys are most usually broke with none of the fun toys rednecks get to play with.
like air boats, muscle cars, jet skis, kevlar fishin' rods... stuff like that.
meanwhile rednecks are more often then not blue collar contractors making a fair bit of money on snob ass doctors and lawyers who couldnt change a light bulb yet perform heart surgery.  this lets them afford the air boats, muscle cars, jet skis, and kevlar fishin' rods.
a hillbilly can also fall into a specific geographic twang and inflection that can even make other hillbillys ask "watduryadinsadhuh"

BanzaiCat

Rednecks are crude Southerners that are often prone to violence (usually backfiring on themselves), have a deep love for NASCAR, certain country music, and drinking metric asstons of beer. They are often found in their native habitat of trailer parks. They are sometimes mistaken for white trash, but that is an entirely different classification. Rednecks usually have jobs in order to pay for their WWE pay-per-view events, often of the blue collar variety. Rednecks are often perceived as racists, although they tend to have more of a 'leave me alone and I'll leave yawl lone.'

Hillbillies are mountain folk. They are not rednecks. They dont live in the swamps or the bayous or the southern lowlands; again, this is a different classification of Southerner. Hillbillies come from the 'hollers,' or the hills. They can be a bit rough around the edges. Unlike rednecks, hillbillies are usually good-natured, honest, friendly, fun loving, and generally good people. They end to be very forthright and individualistic, mostly due to their Scotch-Irish heritage. They tend to lack education, but make up for it with their charming folksy ways. Often in the moonshine or poaching business. A small subsect enjoys cannibalism also.

BanzaiCat

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on May 13, 2014, 08:55:27 PM
hillbillys are most usually broke with none of the fun toys rednecks get to play with.
like air boats, muscle cars, jet skis, kevlar fishin' rods... stuff like that.
meanwhile rednecks are more often then not blue collar contractors making a fair bit of money on snob ass doctors and lawyers who couldnt change a light bulb yet perform heart surgery.  this lets them afford the air boats, muscle cars, jet skis, and kevlar fishin' rods.
a hillbilly can also fall into a specific geographic twang and inflection that can even make other hillbillys ask "watduryadinsadhuh"

You said it better than I. I was typing out my ass anyway. Metropolitan Texas doesn't actually tend to be "Southern" anyway. Not like Alabammy, Florida, and the rest of the previous Confederate States of America.

Staggerwing

Where does that leave Kansas?