Birth Control Failure

Started by LongBlade, February 01, 2012, 04:21:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LongBlade

In case any of y'all's girlfriend(s)/wife(s) are using birth control, Pfizer has announced a recall on one of its products. Best I can tell, normally there's three weeks of regular pills then a week's worth of placebos in a normal pack.

Well, for some reason the number of real pills can sometimes be over or under what it should.

And just in case you think I'm kidding (we are prone to doing that around here) I am not. This is not a drill.

QuotePharmaceutical giant Pfizer ordered the recall Tuesday of at least a million oral contractive packets because the pills might not be potent enough to prevent pregnancy.

Pfizer said the recall affected 14 lots of Lo/Ovral-28 tablets and 14 lots of Norgestrel and Ethinyl Estradiol tablets. 

It goes on to say:

QuoteIn a statement, Pfizer said consumers exposed to affected packaging should begin using a non-hormonal form of contraception immediately, and patients who have the affected product (lot numbers are provided on the company website) should notify their physician and return the product to the pharmacy.

source: http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/02/01/contraceptive-recall-could-put-pfizer-at-risk-multi-million-dollar-lawsuit/
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

bayonetbrant

It's Rick Santorum's wet dream, eh?  ::)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Jarhead0331

I sense a couple of interesting lawsuits in about 40 weeks.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

LongBlade

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 01, 2012, 05:06:15 PM

No doubt.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

son_of_montfort

"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Steelgrave

I have to admit, when I saw the title of this thread, faces of certain people flashed in my head.....as in people who's mother's SHOULD have used birth control. Guess that's another thread for another time  :o

Windigo

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 01, 2012, 05:06:15 PM

a couple? haw.... thats punny and stuff, but I sense a class-action on the horizontal
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Centurion40

Quote from: Steelgrave on February 01, 2012, 06:48:55 PM
I have to admit, when I saw the title of this thread, faces of certain people flashed in my head.....as in people who's mother's SHOULD have used birth control. Guess that's another thread for another time  :o

So it wasn't just me who thought that!  Sweet!
Any time is a good time for pie.

Martok

Thank goodness I'm already a member of the "seedless grapes" club... 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Steelgrave

Quote from: Martok on February 02, 2012, 01:32:37 AM

LOL! Sweet. I've been firing blanks on purpose for some years now. Not that anyone here really wanted to know that.

Ontheotherhand....maybe there is a collective sigh of relief to know that no future Steelies are gonna run around  ???

Martok

^  I seem to recall we've have had this conversation before (about us both having had vasectomies), because I think I already knew that. 

In any case, I'm glad you and your wife were fruitful at least once or twice.  The more Steely progeny there is running around, the better off we all are! 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Steelgrave

Quote from: Martok on February 03, 2012, 01:41:06 AM
^  I seem to recall we've have had this conversation before (about us both having had vasectomies), because I think I already knew that. 

In any case, I'm glad you and your wife were fruitful at least once or twice.  The more Steely progeny there is running around, the better off we all are!

You're a good man, Martok. I don't know why Gus talks so bad about you behind your back   ;D

Centurion40

Quote from: Steelgrave on February 02, 2012, 03:20:43 PM

LOL! Sweet. I've been firing blanks on purpose for some years now. Not that anyone here really wanted to know that.

Ontheotherhand....maybe there is a collective sigh of relief to know that no future Steelies are gonna run around  ???

In the ongoing theme of "TMI", blunt testicular trauma has placed me in the same category.  Happened when I was 23.  No kids.

Windigo

Quote from: Centurion40 on February 03, 2012, 10:56:11 AM
Quote from: Steelgrave on February 02, 2012, 03:20:43 PM

In the ongoing theme of "TMI", blunt testicular trauma has placed me in the same category.  Happened when I was 23.  No kids.

Dry humping an elephants leg as a college prank should have registered as a bad idea to you at sometime during the trip to the zoo ..... but noooooooooo, you wanted to be cool like all the rest of your friends
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Centurion40

I'd like to claim that it involved a bottle rocket and 3 ft of string!  But (tip to the youngin's) always wear a cup when you pitch playing softball.  Soft-BALL, how ironic....