New home library

Started by Jarhead0331, November 12, 2019, 11:01:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

The Wife dripped soup on my damned gaming keyboard and put her frickin' crusty soup mug on my bookshelf. She is such a slob.

Being in my study when I get home from work is a first class ticket to making me an angry drunken dwarf. I use that study to get away from it all.

It's fundamental to us remaining together for the last 22 years!

Women...can't live with'em, can fry'em up in a wok.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I believe in the Middle Ages in certain areas of Russia it was permissible to boil your wife in a huge pot but it's never been allowed to fry them in a wok. Go figure. Wok's the difference?  :hide:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bobarossa

I'm sure dealing with wives in no wok in the park.

RommelFox

There's something lovely about shelves full of books O0

My ancient Egypt site:
Gods and Pharaohs

Gusington

Just added another bookcase. It is my 'to-read' bookcase. There are about 75 books in it :/

Better in a case than scattered in piles around the room.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

besilarius

Something to set the tone in your den.

Limited Edition Rug
SALE OFF 40%
Order Here: https://tinyurl.com/snpskbf
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

Gusington

I bet that photo was taken in LB's house.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

For the guy who's trying to, but just can't quite, get his wife to divorce him.  O0

airboy

Jarhead - that corner design bookcase was interesting.  We have a similar design in the sun room with shelves going up 8 feet.

We hit "peak physical books" about 10 years ago.  Due to allergies, almost all paperbacks and book club edition books are gone.  Electronic books keep soaring.  And when I retired I tossed 90% of my work related books.

Jarhead0331

The set-up process continues...first set-up is for non-VR simming and second set-up is for VR action! Replacement 43" 4K LG monitor arriving tomorrow. Will be linked with second rig.

Airboy...can't imagine getting rid of my paper books. I'm just not a fan of electronic books. I like seeing titles on a shelf.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

I hope I never develop an allergy to paper. That would be Twilight Zone levels of torture for me.

JH what percentage of your gaming is now VR?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on November 21, 2019, 12:43:57 PM

JH what percentage of your gaming is now VR?

It fluctuates often. At times...80-90%. Then, I might go awhile playing little to no VR, say 10-20%.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

Hmm...is VR at a point yet where there are some must-have, can't miss titles?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd