Goodbye 2020

Started by Gusington, December 31, 2020, 01:41:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lotti Fuehrscheim

Oh, it appears that New Year passed here over two hours ago.

Happy New Year everyone!

I am watching TV5MONDE for background music, and some Moulin Rouge dancing shows from Versaille, France, now switched to a concert in Marrakech, Morocco.

W8taminute

Quote from: Gusington on December 31, 2020, 02:57:56 PM
^You could probably just look out your window to see almost the same thing at this point.

Ok that literally made me laugh out loud.   :2funny:
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Toonces

Worst year, evar.  And I've seen 50 of them now.

Fuck you 2020.  2021, you're going to have to try hard to suck so hard.   :knuppel2:
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

airboy

My wife had a good 2020.  Her ward improved.  She got a house in the mountains she has wanted for 35 years.  Could be better (theaters open, art classes running, able to travel), but still a pretty good year for her.

Pete Dero

Something has gone terribly wrong !!!  We are here now almost 12 hours into the new year and everything still seems to be like last year :tickedoff:

Gusington

I agree. This is unfortunate...but not entirely a surprise.

I don't want to be surprised anymore, anyway. I can't handle anymore surprises.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

"But there are no absolutes in human misery and things can always get worse"

- Cormac McCarthy, Suttree
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Jarhead0331

Quote from: al_infierno on January 01, 2021, 12:54:31 PM
"But there are no absolutes in human misery and things can always get worse"

- Cormac McCarthy, Suttree

"Cheer up, the worst is yet to come!"

― Mark Twain, Those Extraordinary Twins
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

airboy

Quote from: Pete Dero on January 01, 2021, 04:46:12 AM
Something has gone terribly wrong !!!  We are here now almost 12 hours into the new year and everything still seems to be like last year :tickedoff:

Yep - Auburn's football team got hammered & Alabama cruised to victory.

Sir Slash

Ohio State's New Year is off to a great start so maybe there's hope.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.