Stop Draggin' Your Fridays

Started by Anguille, August 27, 2021, 01:49:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anguille

Time for some hot Dixie music  :dreamer::

Not much time for playing this weekend...will try to finish the battle of Numantia in Imperium: Great battles of Rome.

Enjoy your weekend

devoncop

Quote from: Anguille on August 27, 2021, 01:49:36 AM
Time for some hot Dixie music  :dreamer::

Not much time for playing this weekend...will try to finish the battle of Numantia in Imperium: Great battles of Rome.

Enjoy your weekend

Well she cheered me up anyway  :smitten:

Back to take on Dominions 5 again and very gradually doing a bit better though how  MA Ulm copes with ethereal troops and magic users still eludes me in my noob journey ....

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Destraex

Titanfall2 - Shame but the servers keep kicking me out after I kill a few pilots. Seems now the DDOS is gone the servers are failing under the weight of player numbers. Playing on US servers and did not miss a beat. Finished the campaign for TF2 last weekend.
Steel Division 2
World of Warships submarine try outs as well as the antagonist of the submarine - Destroyers and Cruisers.
Star Citizen - trying the new weapons/power and scan systems.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Gusington

Some Attila Total War, with the Byzantine Expedition mod, starting date in Sicily and southern Italy around 750 AD. Liking it so far.

Then moving on to some Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition to try out the two new expansions and new factions: Lords of the West (Burgundy, Sicily) and Dawn of the Dukes (Poland, Bohemia, Lithuania) + a ton of new SP campaigns.

May also [finally] get around to firing up Mount and Blade: Bannerlord.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

solops

"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Phantom

Action PC Football - getting psyched up for kick off!

MengJiao

Quote from: Destraex on August 27, 2021, 07:14:30 AM
Titanfall2 - Shame but the servers keep kicking me out after I kill a few pilots. Seems now the DDOS is gone the servers are failing under the weight of player numbers. Playing on US servers and did not miss a beat. Finished the campaign for TF2 last weekend.
Steel Division 2
World of Warships submarine try outs as well as the antagonist of the submarine - Destroyers and Cruisers.
Star Citizen - trying the new weapons/power and scan systems.

Sounds good.  World of warships, BoX Prokovakia (with tanks!), FG II and some boardgames

CJReich46

Well after dealing with the prep and a medical procedure earlier this week, " (If you're over 50 you know what I'm referring to ::))  today is just relaxation. Tomorrow and Sunday I return to the fray that is back to school (One more bloody week to go...) :uglystupid2:

So, with that done,  I am playing Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom - completed the Qin Dynasty Campaign. First there was a construction of the grand canal, then the construction of Xingyang- The First Emperor's City with a grand palace. Next was an expedition that was successful to the lands of Annam,  followed by going to the north to construct a portion of The Great Wall, and finally returned to Xingyang to complete the first emperor's final monuments- a grand vault (which contains the terracotta army), and a grand tumulus.  It is now the time of the Han Dynasty Campaign.

But aside from that? I dunno.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Dammit Carl!

Enjoying Pathfinder: Kingmaker so far; it's been ages since I've touched anything roleplaying related and enjoying how this game will pull no punches if you half-ass something.

So, I spend all my dosh on Acid Flasks and Alchemist Fire and Enlarge Person potions and go ham on fools in the first few turns of melee.  And save, save, save!

Gusington

CJ did you get...er...probed? I narrowly avoided my first probing earlier this year. Feel better.

That said I bought Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom last winter for like 99 cents from GOG, haven't played it yet. Are you enjoying it? Sounds like a yes from your description.

My 8th century Byzantine campaign in modded Attila: TW is going much better than I anticipated, probably because I fired it up on a whim tonight after a few beers.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Dammit Carl!

Passed the 5-0 mark this year, so...yeah...it's time for me too... :-[

Gusington

'An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure' or some such.

After some GI issues a doctor wanted me to get one 6 months ago but because I am under 50 my insurance said 'rein it in there, doc.'

Thankfully.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

Most likely some Aliens: Fireteam Elite with friends, which inexplicably got an extra word added to the title at some point before launch.  It's a pretty generic and cheap game, but it's surprisingly grown on me.  The basic gameplay is satisfying and the presentation and atmosphere is nice and really nails the Aliens feel, even if the animations and player faces are pretty janky.  Probably not really worth playing solo though.

Also some Dominions 5 online turns where I'm mostly just getting absolutely cratered.  Might have to try out Pathfinder since it's free this weekend.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: Gusington on August 27, 2021, 08:24:07 PM
'An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure' or some such.

After some GI issues a doctor wanted me to get one 6 months ago but because I am under 50 my insurance said 'rein it in there, doc.'

Thankfully.

Can only hope I go to my "depth plumbing," with aplomb. 
"Lol at the old fart on the table.  Hush, you...he's wearing an ascot."

CapnKirk

Some Old World and maybe a bit of Skyrim.  I've had Skyrim forever and have barely touched it.

I might also fire up some JTS Soviet Afghan War, which I've also hardly touched.

Or instead of playing anything, just browse the Steam store and add more things to my wishlist  :uglystupid2: