Jagged Alliance 3 announced

Started by Anguille, September 19, 2021, 01:50:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on July 13, 2023, 01:02:46 PM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on July 13, 2023, 12:26:02 PMBah.  Release date moved back a day.  Boooo

Where do you see that as I still see July 14th which has always been the date.  Would be odd to release on a Saturday if pushed back a day.

Yeah, I'm still showing July 14 with no Steam announcement.  It'd be unheard of to release on a Saturday.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Silent Disapproval Robot

I bought mine from GMG.  They had a release date of July 13 listed.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on July 13, 2023, 01:19:14 PMI bought mine from GMG.  They had a release date of July 13 listed.

Gotcha.  Weird. 

Steam's said July 14 since the start.  Maybe they were accounting for different time zones.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on July 13, 2023, 01:19:14 PMI bought mine from GMG.  They had a release date of July 13 listed.

Weird as I bought from gmg as well and thought always the 14th.......maybe a time zone thing

JasonPratt

Maybe the difference amounts to the Steam sale? -- which ended on July 13th (today), near noon.

Steam definitely says the 14th, 12:31:32 remaining at this moment. So 8am Central Standard Time.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Grim.Reaper

Unlocks in an hour or so, although work will prevent it from being played until later tonight:)  GMG hasn't sent out their keys yet, but they are usually pretty good sending them out right before the release time, or shortly there after.  Continue to look at many reviews and impressions, so far they continue to be very positive....hope the game holds up to those expectations.

devoncop

Mixed reviews on Steam almost all relate to janky multi player....This is of zero interest to me in this sort of game so I am not worried but for those who are looking for that in this title it's something to be aware of.

Will pick this up tomorrow I think.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

SirAndrewD

I'll dig into it a bit later today.

I'm not going to get too worked up on early reviews.  There were a very vocal number of people that had been in the Steam forums already making it every clear that they were unhappy with the game's X-Com like direction and intended to review bomb it before the return window closed.

devoncop

After stating I was waiting until tomorrow to buy it I am now downloading it as I type.£23 seems a reasonable price.

I agree totally re the early reviews.

Negative review because there is no German voice acting for the characters 🙄🙄🙄 Negative review because no Chinese regionalisation 🙄🙄🙄.

Last time I checked the Chinese are not exactly backward in IT so I am sure there are software companies over there with content in Chinese....the same goes for Germany. (Rant over)

Looking forward to my first dive into the Jagged Alliance franchise in a couple of hours time.

SirAndrewD

First impressions on the first mission are good here.

I don't get what everyone complaining is saying about the UI being weird and hard to read or there being performance issues.  See none of that here.  Admittedly I'm running it on a 4090.

And yeah, it's very heavily X-Com influenced which I find a good thing.  I think it's  a better fit than the old queued real time system and so far it feels very comfortable and easy to get into. 

Silent Disapproval Robot

Had a hard crash about 15 minutes in.  Not sure why.  Doing a file integrity check and updating GFX drivers.

W8taminute

If there is one thing I find annoying it is having to filter out all the complaints about games not being in a language of such and such a playerbase.  I get it but I hate how those reviews skew actual gameplay reviews which might all be positive but the final score is dragged down to trash.

Back on topic.  It's good to see all of the positive feedback so far from grogs.  I will most likely end up picking up this game at some point. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

devoncop

Played about an hour. Cleared the first sector. Fox got shot up pretty bad as I was learning the mechanics and as I am already smitten with her I obviously had to use all oy meds to heal her up (always a soft touch :grin: ).

So far loving the atmosphere and the different personality of the 4 mercs I have chosen....Looking like awinner to me as I get more familiar with the options. Hacking for intel and scouting operations are really useful as they reveal locations of enemies/stashes/ safer routes in the adjacent regions you need to conquer next.

No technical issues at all but I went into the set up options and reset FPS to 60FPS...for some odd reason the default is 240FPS which may be causing some folk problems.

SirAndrewD

Don't let Fox die!   :smitten:  :smitten:  :smitten:

And yes I immediately found the FPS cap.   That would've been bad leaving that to max. 

Silent Disapproval Robot

Yeah, I lowered the FPS cap to 120 and haven't had a 2nd crash.

Thrilled to see Grunty back in the game.  Devastated that he refused to work for me until I get rid of the scrubs in my squad.