Naval Action coming to Steam EA on the 21st......

Started by AchillesLastStand, January 19, 2016, 02:33:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Hrmm..

I've not even started playing.  Dunno what nations others will be playing, so I started a Dutch character.  My old Warhammer/PotBS guild was run by a Dutch couple & wouldn't be surprised if one or both eventually started playing.  I'm sure all my gaming friends & acquaintances will be scattered to the six national winds anyway.   :))

Asid

Hey Nef

I wanted to go Neutral but it is not there so....It's a pirates life for me....

Check your pm i have sent you something Nef

Regards
War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Nefaro

Quote from: Asid on January 21, 2016, 03:08:39 PM
Hey Nef

Regards

Heh!  Thanks Asid.

Some day we'll meet up in a digital war again.   On the same side, of course.. I can't shoot the big guns as well as you.   :)

MengJiao

Quote from: Nefaro on January 21, 2016, 03:14:35 PM
Quote from: Asid on January 21, 2016, 03:08:39 PM
Hey Nef

Regards

Heh!  Thanks Asid.

Some day we'll meet up in a digital war again.   On the same side, of course.. I can't shoot the big guns as well as you.   :)

I'm going to be Spanish.  So many nice Ports!  On USA/NA Reserve PvPTWO -- as MengAreciebo or something.  Maybe MengIago?  Or Iago y Meng?  MengDiego!

Asid

Quote from: Nefaro on January 21, 2016, 03:14:35 PM
Heh!  Thanks Asid.

If you go Dutch and i am a pirate...That could be sooner rather than later  :knuppel2:

:-*
War in Pieces

JasonPratt

I have definitely wishlisted this for later contemplation.

It may be MMO, but it seems possible to play it fairly single-player; the game characteristics would also seem to discourage rabid asshats griefing your game for their amusement and profit.

(Except for, you know, the pirates, duh. ;) )
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Jarhead0331

Quote from: JasonPratt on January 21, 2016, 03:47:54 PM
I have definitely wishlisted this for later contemplation.

It may be MMO, but it seems possible to play it fairly single-player; the game characteristics would also seem to discourage rabid asshats griefing your game for their amusement and profit.

(Except for, you know, the pirates, duh. ;) )

Clearly Pirates were the "asshats" of their age.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Asid

War in Pieces

SirAndrewD

Ahoy! 

Well, I done shoved off from me home port in a fine little skiff, flyin' the flags of His Right Royal Majesty King George, may God bless em. 

Now I'll be senden' you scurvy dogs to the bottom of Davy's Locker faster than Jack Ketch'll take yer head!
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Toonces

So are we calling this a "must buy" or a "maybe buy"?  I'm looking at it, and I'm feeling this weird moist feeling in my loins, but 40 clams, man...I gotta be sure I didn't just leak or something.  I am 45 after all.   ::)
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Swatter

I am curious to hear opinions about actual gameplay.

SirAndrewD

Well, first run seemed fun.  I took out my 12 gun starter and was immediately drawn into a huge brawl against a French Frigate.

Put her down in about a half hour of combat. 

Really pretty so far.  Bad UI on the port. 

I haven't got the hang of sailing the ship, but I was able to get a few solid volleys. off and came away with some quick gold and xp.

Everyone seemed to be having fun in social.  Maybe not quite worth $40, but too early to tell.  First foray and I'm having fun.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Toonces on January 21, 2016, 05:03:23 PM
So are we calling this a "must buy" or a "maybe buy"?  I'm looking at it, and I'm feeling this weird moist feeling in my loins, but 40 clams, man...I gotta be sure I didn't just leak or something.  I am 45 after all.   ::)

You spent just as much on a crap mp shooter, why not spend it on something actually unique?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Toonces

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

SirAndrewD

At least the 40 doubloons spent 'ere goes to the cause of makin' this schooner ship shape and able to sale for a long time and take on more crew. 

There be times a sea dog has to invest in the ship so's he can bring a bigger prize back to port.

In my thinkin' I spent me gold  on a few sailors that deserve a reward fer tryin' to tack into the wind rather than float in on the easy current. 

Ain't so bad really.  Better'n a night with Salty Kate back in St. Kits and the Grog Ol' Stumpy serves up.