Naval Action coming to Steam EA on the 21st......

Started by AchillesLastStand, January 19, 2016, 02:33:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Quote from: MengJiao on January 21, 2016, 03:27:27 PM
I'm going to be Spanish.  So many nice Ports!  On USA/NA Reserve PvPTWO -- as MengAreciebo or something.  Maybe MengIago?  Or Iago y Meng?  MengDiego!

Quote from: Asid on January 21, 2016, 03:31:12 PM

If you go Dutch and i am a pirate...That could be sooner rather than later  :knuppel2:

:-*

You guys are all over the place!   :crazy2:

I suppose that we can only choose one nationality for all our characters?  To prevent Unlawful Knowledge of the other side?

Doubt I'll be on deck just yet.  Evidently caught a filthy virus while at the Doc's office earlier this week.  Feel it in mah bones.  :buck2:

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Nefaro on January 21, 2016, 07:41:13 PM
Quote from: MengJiao on January 21, 2016, 03:27:27 PM
I'm going to be Spanish.  So many nice Ports!  On USA/NA Reserve PvPTWO -- as MengAreciebo or something.  Maybe MengIago?  Or Iago y Meng?  MengDiego!

Quote from: Asid on January 21, 2016, 03:31:12 PM

If you go Dutch and i am a pirate...That could be sooner rather than later  :knuppel2:

:-*

You guys are all over the place!   :crazy2:

I suppose that we can only choose one nationality for all our characters?  To prevent Unlawful Knowledge of the other side?

Doubt I'll be on deck just yet.  Evidently caught a filthy virus while at the Doc's office earlier this week.  Feel it in mah bones.  :buck2:

Well, if it be meanin' we all fight under the same banner, I'd be considerin' jumpin' ship, sendin' me character to Davy's Locker, and haulin' up a flag fer another side. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Nefaro

Quote from: SirAndrewD on January 21, 2016, 08:31:26 PM

Well, if it be meanin' we all fight under the same banner, I'd be considerin' jumpin' ship, sendin' me character to Davy's Locker, and haulin' up a flag fer another side.

I suppose Meng's choice of Spain would probably provide lots of action.  It certainly did when I sailed as a Spaniard in PotBS.  Lots of ports & crafting/industry options, but also being the primary target of many other factions' players made for lots of PvP. 

Not sure how all the faction vs faction stuff is handled in Naval Action right now, though.

Asid's Pirate faction would be fun, too, of course.  But from my experience it will probably be the most populated and likely contain a higher ratio of young Jackanapes-in-Dickerchiefs.   Because... PIRATES!  ARR!  I'd still like to hang with Asid, though, because our gaming hours usually overlap.  Plus he's gonna be my Baby Momma.    ^-^  Perhaps we can bring him to the dark side?  Or he'll just hunt me down for sport.  :D

Maybe we can get something coordinated for a GH fleet?  I've not begun playing my new character yet so I'm flexible.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Nefaro on January 21, 2016, 08:44:49 PM
Quote from: SirAndrewD on January 21, 2016, 08:31:26 PM

I suppose Meng's choice of Spain would probably provide lots of action.  It certainly did when I sailed as a Spaniard in PotBS.  Lots of ports & crafting/industry options, but also being the primary target of many other factions' players made for lots of PvP. 

Not sure how all the faction vs faction stuff is handled in Naval Action right now, though.

Asid's Pirate faction would be fun, too, of course.  But from my experience it will probably be the most populated and likely contain a higher ratio of young Jackanapes-in-Dickerchiefs.   Because... PIRATES!  ARR!  I'd still like to hang with Asid, though, because our gaming hours usually overlap.  Plus he's gonna be my Baby Momma.    ^-^  Perhaps we can bring him to the dark side?  Or he'll just hunt me down for sport.  :D

Maybe we can get something coordinated for a GH fleet?  I've not begun playing my new character yet so I'm flexible.

Well, considerin' Britannia rules the waves and the right honorable King George is lookin' out fer us (God bless em') and our Admiral is...

Our glorious and indefatigable Admiral, Lord Sir Horatio Nelson........  A moment to consider his greatness....

I've of course fallen in with His Majesty's fleet in hopes of Lord Nelson askin' me to pass the salt. 

So, I'll be willin' to send Frenchies, Dutchies and Spaniards to the bottom, at least for a share of coin and a good portion of grog at the tavern after. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Nefaro

Are all ship types available to all factions?

Or are there national restrictions?

Nefaro

Silent Disapproval Robot

I shall also be a poncy Brit.  With a lace collar....and a wig...and a beauty spot....and a swooning fan...and a fancy walking stick....and buckled shoes.  How ribald!

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on January 21, 2016, 11:29:31 PM
I shall also be a poncy Brit.  With a lace collar....and a wig...and a beauty spot....and a swooning fan...and a fancy walking stick....and buckled shoes.  How ribald!

Now you have it old bean!  Oh my...has my accent changed?  What ho?  Shall we venture forth and give Old Bony a sniff of grape?  I think we shall!

AchillesLastStand

Got the game and me and a couple friends did a handful of missions before I got sunk. My friend did manage to board/capture the ship though. He whittled it down with ball shot then switched to chain shot for the sails then grape for crew then boarded/captured. The game has the ugliest UI I think I have ever seen.
We joined the PVP 1 server as USA and my name in game is "MrChristian" as in Fletcher.

Grim.Reaper

So dumb question...can someone explain the player vs environment option?  Heard that might be useful for people want single player like game, even though not fully.  Do you fight ai controlled ships?  Besides not competing with other human players, are there any other limitations?

RedArgo

I played for a couple hours last night as an American sailing out of Charleston.  I engaged in a bunch of battles with pirates in my cutter and was able to get enough money to put 12lb carronades on my yacht.  I think only one battle was I by myself.  The rest all had two or three other humans join in to pound the unfortunate pirate.

The last battle I helped a guy run down a merchantman smuggler and he ended up boarding her.

Differences I've noticed in my short playing time vs the pre-EA is no more double shot for cannons, at least not in the small ones I have on my ships. The smoke seems a lot thicker, there were times I couldn't see anything. Way way more humans running around, which is a good thing, I hope anyway.

Next time I get a chance to play I think I'll cruise down to Spanish Florida and see what's going on down there.

I'm RedArgo in the game too, so say ahoay if you see me, or let me run away if you're the enemy. :)

Toonces

You guys always hype the shit out of these new games, and I buy them, and then a month from now you've all moved on.  Is this going to have staying power, or am I going to buy this and then a month from now I'm playing with myself?

Yeah, I know what I said.   :P
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Silent Disapproval Robot

I'm sure it'll be as popular and well-played as Verdun and The Ship were round here.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Toonces

Verdun.  Exactly.  That's the game I was thinking of.  What a complete waste of money that was.   ::)
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs