Parent of the Year Award. Bad Parent, that is....

Started by Steelgrave, June 02, 2012, 08:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steelgrave

My wife used to have a bad habit of placing her wallet, coffee, sunglasses etc... on top of the car and driving off. I think that, after seeing this, I will cut her some slack. And this happened about two miles from me btw:  http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/06/02/12027829-police-mom-arrested-after-leaving-baby-on-car-roof-and-driving-off?lite

Barthheart

You need a license to have a dog, but any idiot can have a child!  :P

Steelgrave

Quote from: Barthheart on June 02, 2012, 08:47:52 PM
You need a license to have a dog, but any idiot can have a child!  :P
Yeah, and just try forcing the idiot to get spayed........

Staggerwing

Considering that the baby was found alive in the middle of the road I'd have to commend the manufacturer of that car seat.
BTW, anyone else see the movie 'Raising Arizona'?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

LongBlade

Quote from: Staggerwing on June 02, 2012, 09:29:33 PM
Considering that the baby was found alive in the middle of the road I'd have to commend the manufacturer of that car seat.
BTW, anyone else see the movie 'Raising Arizona'?

Yes. I consider it a kind of documentary.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

mirth

Give the poor mom a break. She was devastated because her boyfriend got nabbed for DUI after getting stoned with her, so she consoled herself by then getting even more stoned with some friends. Then she drove off with her little baby on the car roof. Could've happened to anyone.  :o
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Steelgrave

Quote from: mirth on June 03, 2012, 10:49:35 AM
Give the poor mom a break. She was devastated because her boyfriend got nabbed for DUI after getting stoned with her, so she consoled herself by then getting even more stoned with some friends. Then she drove off with her little baby on the car roof. Could've happened to anyone.  :o

Yeah, and he got nabbed on the DUI while making a beer run. How unfair is that?!?! What's a girl to do when baby daddy is being hassled by the cops and you're outta beer? Sigh......