Hiatus on New Game Buying

Started by Bismarck, February 12, 2012, 01:01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bismarck

Starting now and I already have S&I.
Jim Cobb

Bison

Don't worry Bis.  I've made this decision on many occassions myself only to break it as well.

Case in point purchased over the last week:
Command Ops: Highway to the Reich
Battle Academy Market Garden
Battle Academy Sealion
Star Wars The Old Republic w/ freaking $20 headset so I could chat with my brother while we play.

I'm so very weak.

Martok

Yeah, I just don't make pledges like this; I know myself too well!  I do always resolve to not buy games unless I have a very strong interest in them (and the price is right), but I'll never resolve to stop purchasing new games entirely. 

Quote from: Bismarck on February 12, 2012, 04:07:38 PM
Doesn't count, doesn't count, doesn't count!!!
LOL. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

jomni

As for me, I started getting back into buying after a short hiatus.

Gusington

Let it be written, let it be known...I am the man that broke Bismarck himself! Iron chancellor my pale white buttocks.

As far as DLCs, I bought the Ikko Ikki clan pack, the Sengoku Jedai clan pack, the Rise of the Samurai campaign (Gempai War) and got the Hattori clan pack with the limited edition of the game I bought. I did not get the 'blood' pack - I don't think it necessary.

If I misled you on the upcoming stand alone expansion, I apologize...but it will cost you another 30.00 dollars and does not require any other game. But the original Shogun 2 is well worth getting. It may be my favorite TW game. Definitely better than ETW and NTW...IMHO of course.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bismarck

Jim Cobb

Bison

I'd make Gus re-emburse you for pain and suffering. 

Arctic Blast

I feel your pain, Bismarck. So many times I've tried to take a break from buying...and so many times I've bitterly failed after a short while.

Of course, I usually make it at least a full 24 hours before collapsing.  ;D

Bismarck

(Head down, looking at feet) I pre-ordered the new Shogun.

I tried, guys, really.
Jim Cobb

Hartford688

But I have absolute confidence that tomorrow, you won't buy a new game.

Probably.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Bismarck on February 13, 2012, 03:49:50 PM
(Head down, looking at feet) I pre-ordered the new Shogun.

I tried, guys, really.

Wow....even on a pre-order you have caved...you are surpassing my impulse habits now:)

Bismarck

What did it was the pic on the email ad. I love "The Last Samurai". I had a Tom Cruise moment.

http://www.totalwar.com/shogun2/fall-of-the-samurai/

Jim Cobb

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Bismarck on February 13, 2012, 08:02:45 PM
What did it was the pic on the email ad. I love "The Last Samurai". I had a Tom Cruise moment.  See attached

I can't blame you, I'll likely be placing my order soon as well:)

Gusington

HAHAHA YES!!!! Even I haven't preordered Fall of the Samurai yet! Take that again Bismarck.

Where did you preorder from?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd