South China Sea Heats Up

Started by ArizonaTank, June 06, 2022, 02:04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windigo

Quote from: Sir Slash on September 23, 2022, 03:00:46 PM
The President of Brazil has tried to curtail their influence in his country. It remains to be seen how effective he will be.

They got cash so that is hard to counter.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Sir Slash

Sure is. Somehow Chairman Xi and Brazilian conjures an ugly image in my mind.  :hide:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

An interesting analysis of economic brinksmanship the Biden administration just took against China: either play nice and get trade reinstated, or they'd better hope any war they kick off ends quickly...

At the moment, I'm leaning toward being in favor of this move.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

China -- if you can't really stop the Phillippines bringing supplies to beached ships guarding the Spratleys, troll them with frickin' laser beams!

https://www.state.gov/u-s-support-for-the-philippines-in-the-south-china-sea-3/

Further information via the Epoch Times:

QuoteThe Armed Forces of the Philippines issued a terse response to the event.

"The deliberate blocking of the Philippine government ships to deliver food and supplies to our military personnel ... is a blatant disregard for, and a clear violation of, Philippine sovereign rights," a Coast Guard spokesperson said in an official statement.

In response to the "increasing frequency and intensity of actions" of China against the PCG, Philippine President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. summoned Beijing's Ambassador Huang Xilian to discuss the incident on Feb. 14.

Marcos expressed "serious concern" over the laser event, according to spokeswoman Cheloy Velicaria-Garafil.

China's embassy in the Philippines said the officials talked about how to "properly manage maritime differences between China and the Philippines."

Before the Feb. 14 meeting between the Philippine head of state and Xilian, China's foreign ministry said that the actions of its coast guard were in accordance with the law. Beijing has neither specifically confirmed nor denied using lasers against the PCG vessel.

However, images captured during the event show a green and red light emanating from a Chinese ship with the number 5205 on its bow.

This isn't the first time in recent years China has reportedly used lasers against sovereign nations in the Indo-Pacific region. In February 2022, Australian officials reported an "act of intimidation" after a Chinese naval ship shot a laser beam at a military surveillance aircraft.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Sir Slash

Red and green? They were probably just celebrating Christmas.  :rolleyes:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

The current Chinese game of bluff in the sea between its coast and Taiwan.

GDS_Starfury

if they try they'll get only one shot at it and the global response will be way worse then whats happened with russia.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Sir Slash

The Chi-Comms are betting on their, 'Useful Idiots' in Taiwan getting them their desires without war. If this strategy fails, then force becomes the alternate resort. They won't go that route if they think, or imagine, they can, 'reunify' on the cheap.

GDS_Starfury

Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Gusington

^2027 eh? Good article...even a failed Chinese invasion of Taiwan would be worse for the rest of the world than the failed invasion of Ukraine. That makes total sense to me.

I also like how the author called the 2020s the 'decade of living dangerously.' Definitely feels like that, even sitting here in the US.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Windigo

Meh, the world will play its geopolitical games.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Gusington

I'm sure when you watched Napoleon march across Europe you said the same thing.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

JasonPratt

French Canadian.

(Because "Wendigo".)

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd