Configure Wargame Airland Battle's speed options the same as in Red Dragon

Started by undercovergeek, February 16, 2015, 04:53:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

the play is similar but the terrain is different.  EE is more fields and tree stands where ALB is more mountain and water.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Jarhead0331

Geographically, do you know if the locations are different? Ie. NGP as opposed to Fulda?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

GDS_Starfury

the North German Plain was far more built up into our current concept of suburbia the the Fulda region was/is.  this was somewhat reflected in EE but not to the extent that it could have been.  I spent far more time with ALB because of the expanded OOB though.  from what I played of EE the urban bits werent as prevalent as they seem to be in ALB.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

-budd-

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Pete Dero

Quote from: WallysWorld on February 16, 2015, 06:38:08 PM
Works great with European Escalation too. Many thanks!

It also works with Company of Heroes, World in Conflict, Men Of war, Theatre of War, Sins of a solar Empire, ...
Remember : single player only.

undercovergeek

Quote from: Toonces on February 16, 2015, 09:50:48 PM
Thank you so much for posting this up UCG!  The speed thing was all that has been keeping me from enjoying EE and ALB.  Gonna download and install now!   :smitten:

got to say it was Pete who let me know up in the screenshot thread - i just made it more public because i love you all

-budd-

yup it's official... this thing is great. Game was too fast for me, not anymore. Thank you.
set my lowest speed to 10% so far ,might even go to 1%.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

undercovergeek

Lol, enjoy budd - I came across some old replays on my profile, I last played in 2013 - haven't played anything else since I came across this

Boggit

The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Toonces

Just tried this tonight for a quick match and it works like a charm.  This has truly saved ALB for me.   :smitten:
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

glen55

Awesome piece of software.  I never even tried ALB, for this very reason, but having this for whatever game I need really opens up my gaming horizon. 

Slooooooow games . . .  :smitten:
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

demjansk1942

Hi Guys,
Thanks for this program, I have a brief question on this, I must run Steam and then start one of the wargames like Euro Escalation or the other dlc's and then go to alt/tab and the cheat engine program?

Nice job with this and I wish they made this part of the game.

Pete Dero

Quote from: demjansk1942 on November 10, 2015, 09:44:35 AM
I must run Steam and then start one of the wargames like Euro Escalation or the other dlc's and then go to alt/tab and the cheat engine program?
Download the Cheat engine (without automated installer and Open Candy recommendation during installation to avoid any malware).
Run Cheatengine.exe
Now run the game you want to play  (Wargame games should run in windowed full screen as you need to be able to use Alt-Tab).
Alt tab back to cheatengine.
Select the game process in cheat engine by clicking on the computer icon (the icon will be blinking)
Check enable Speedhack (You can add ingame shortcuts in cheatengine through Edit-settings-shortcuts).
Alt Tab back to the game and play.

demjansk1942

I downloaded the program but my malware bytes identifies it as a virus.  What should I do?  It seems that some people claim it's a virus but others use it all the time.  I just want to slow down but I can't figure out how to install without the automated installer?

any other speed hacks out there?  It would be nice for the company to put a patch out for the games to slow them down.

Surtur

"Gentlemen, You Can't Fight in Here. This is the War Room!"