Multiplayer on 7 Days to Die

Started by Swatter, August 30, 2015, 02:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArizonaTank

Server is updated to Alpha15...have at it guys...!!!
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

ArizonaTank

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"

-budd-

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

-budd-

-budd-

I've started a base south of the hub, tree fort.

Screamer horde, hordes scale depending on your level now. I couldnt get a shot at the screamer so the horde kept growing thru the night.

Leading the horde off once morning hit. you can see the start of my base in the backround, they took out one of my trees or rather the blocks that held it.i hand a staircase down but that got taken out, Z's still attracted to doors.

Blood moon rising as i logged off.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: -budd- on October 09, 2016, 12:23:35 PM
I've started a base south of the hub, tree fort.

Screamer horde, hordes scale depending on your level now. I couldnt get a shot at the screamer so the horde kept growing thru the night.

Leading the horde off once morning hit. you can see the start of my base in the backround, they took out one of my trees or rather the blocks that held it.i hand a staircase down but that got taken out, Z's still attracted to doors.

Blood moon rising as i logged off.

Maybe it's just me...but I am having a harder time surviving with the new build....actually that is a good thing...reminds me of previous builds where I would run around like a scared rabbit for the first five or six game days.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"

-budd-

I think it's a bit harder. Traffic at POI ' s has increased and seems like they spawn constantly around POI's, you used to be able to clean out a place and be ok for a bit. I'm already around 300 kills and have had 3 screamer hordes and several wandering hordes. My tree fort on the water has been taken down twice taking all my supplies with it, I'm on my third forge. Last time it went down during the 7th day horde at 3:52 with me on it, had to run until 4:00 hit. I've moved to a town I found not far from the hub, it has a two level prison with walls and 4 watch towers so I'm basing there for now. Got another forge and campfire up and I already found some calipers. There's a new POI in town, a 5 story hotel, I think it called the ostrich inn and a funeral home called I'm a goner. Have had some lock ups and errors and my ping shoots up and I get disconnected so I'm sure some patches are coming. I have the graphics cranked up and stayed above 50 fps during hordes and stays around 70 otherwise. I really like the changes, looks better, plays better even with the errors. The scaled hordes seem to work well and it's nice to see new POI's and Z' s. I read the only poi's not to make in random were the football stadium and the Indian dwellings. Surviving on the road should be more viable with all the ore around, pick about 8 of those rocks for around a thousand iron and 150 of lead and some nitrate and coal, looks like the brass scrape rate was increased also. They already posted some info about alpha 16, there redoing all the animals, adding a zombie buzzard and snakes.

Flywheel

I'm finding 15 more difficult, quite a challenge, initially at any rate. But that's a good thing as I thought 14 felt too easy even from the start. So far I haven't had any of the issues Budd has mentioned, it all seems to be running very smoothly.
Hold my beer and watch this!

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Flywheel on October 10, 2016, 01:15:09 AM
I'm finding 15 more difficult, quite a challenge, initially at any rate. But that's a good thing as I thought 14 felt too easy even from the start. So far I haven't had any of the issues Budd has mentioned, it all seems to be running very smoothly.

I toned the server down a bit.  Happy to juice it back up it folks think too easy.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"

-budd-

im for upping the juice, once you get halfway established your fine, it just takes a little longer.

OJsDad

After a long break, I decided to dip my toe back in.  I've got to say, the changes in build 15 make the game harder.  There are a lot more requirements to crafting.  Even farming is a lot harder now. 

Looks like the devs are working on build 16

Electricity system with generators, battery banks, solar banks, lights, switches, relays, trigger system, melee traps, aranged traps and more

Painting system that allows every main architectural block in the game to be painted on every side with up to 128 unique textures.

Random Gen Beta Version which includes city, town and rural zoning, rivers, caves and a shit ton of new locations

Sleeper Zombie System where locations have sleeping zombies inside

Distant Location rendering system where you can see buildings miles away.

New and updated Animals with fur system support

There are a half a dozen extra features that could make it in if all goes well.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

-budd-

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

ArizonaTank

Wow...big patch...but it has also been a really long time since the last update.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"

JasonPratt

For the first time, 7DtD now has a NVIDIA GeForce code, too, where the gfx software detects the game and, once the game has been started up one time, also can set the graphic options to best-looking efficiency for your computer.

I noticed this when updating GeForce last night. Haven't actually loaded up a game yet to see if the environments really do look better, but the demo screens in GeForce look about on par with AAA titles from a few years ago. (That's a compliment given this game's voxel roots.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!