War and Peace: PC Game based on Avalon Hill Classic Board Game

Started by ArizonaTank, October 06, 2022, 09:37:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Father Ted

Of course one shouldn't joke about mental health...I was initially going to come into this thread to say that this is the sort of information that I treasure about Grogs - I never would have heard about this game otherwise and now it's on my wishlist

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Senex

Quote from: ArizonaTank on August 15, 2023, 08:21:05 AMAs much as I want to believe in this project, I just can't see myself buying a game that has no AI for the campaign game. I'll wait.
The developer now calls AI in the campaign game almost impossible.

Grim.Reaper

Really? Are they having second thoughts pulling off what they promised?

Tamas

To be fair, while I love the War and Peace boardgame, the campaign is a bolt-on to that as well, and does not really work. The boardgame excels as an operational Napoleonics game but the campaign goes through a lot of pain and hands-tying rules and exceptions to give a historic flow. It's not a good look for any PC game to have a long campaign without AI (because most people coming in without knowledge of the boardgame will consider the campaign THE game), but I can understand it in this case.

Grim.Reaper

But to be fair, they advertised eventually having it so if they don't deliver it, will be interesting to see how that turns out

Tamas

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on September 02, 2023, 01:01:27 PMBut to be fair, they advertised eventually having it so if they don't deliver it, will be interesting to see how that turns out

Yeah if they promised it that's a different matter.

Senex

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on September 02, 2023, 01:01:27 PMBut to be fair, they advertised eventually having it so if they don't deliver it, will be interesting to see how that turns out

"Eventually" can be a long, long time.

Senex

Somebody failed to clear the US rights for Avalon Hill's boardgame "War and Peace", so the new name is "Napoleon's Eagles".  IOS version due out in early March, to be followed by an Android one.