Main Menu

Shadow Empire

Started by Jarhead0331, April 08, 2020, 04:02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

Quote from: solops on June 15, 2022, 08:56:15 PM
Y'all take the missions too seriously. I pretty much ignore them. If I make it, great. If I don't, eff em. If I have no intention of making one, I decline and take the hit, and bribe any of my guys (that I like) that whine too much. I totally do not worry about maximizing my governing attributes. I play using the Soprano-Stalin method.

I guess I only take them seriously because there must be a consequence to hitting a word score of zero surely 🤷‍♂️

W8taminute

I pretty much do what solops does.  I'm not going to cater to each and everyone of my officials if I think the request they want interferes with my plans.  Just give them some money to shut them up whilst I go and conquer my neighbors through force.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

solops

Quote from: W8taminute on June 16, 2022, 08:31:42 AM
I pretty much do what solops does.  I'm not going to cater to each and everyone of my officials if I think the request they want interferes with my plans.  Just give them some money to shut them up whilst I go and conquer my neighbors through force.
Exactly.
Buncha mealy-mouthed self-important bureaucrats...great thing about this game is you can assassinate the s.o.bs if they get really, really obnoxious.  And if they start a rebellion...well, that is just a live-fire training exercise for my new troops
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Sparhawk

You know it's a good game when there are multiple ways to play. Take your pick. Dictator, parliamentarian, or somewhere in-between, there will be a strategy that works for you. Solops and I show that both extremes work.

FarAway Sooner

Quote from: Sparhawk on June 17, 2022, 05:30:30 PM
You know it's a good game when there are multiple ways to play. Take your pick. Dictator, parliamentarian, or somewhere in-between, there will be a strategy that works for you. Solops and I show that both extremes work.

I think of myself more as a "conniving people-pleaser", except that I always get confused on what the name of the Council is that allows me to back-stab people I really don't like, so I always end up hiring the wrong ministers with the wrong attributes.   :D

solops

No one in my country calls me a dictator.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

bobarossa

Quote from: solops on June 17, 2022, 06:40:06 PM
No one in my country calls me a dictator.
They wouldn't dare!

I backed up 10 turns and tried a different path in last game.  Passed 40 turns and things going well.
By the way, if you ever get into an epoch of Egoism,  you may want to restart.  By the time it got to max strength all my staff were mid 50`s loyalty or less and dropping fast.

solops

Sucked back into Shadow Empire by the new beta patch 1.11.04.

Details on the last two betas:

Changelist for v1.11.04
-Reworked the river systems. Lakes will often communicate water now, depending of course on if this is possible and no hills are blocking this. This gives more realistic and more interesting maps. There were some really weird maps before with for example big rivers ending in tiny lakes just a few hexes from a big ocean.
-Added mouse overs to the Skill Roll preview in Decisions Tab and Stratagems Tab (DasTactic insisting convinced me to improve things at least a little bit). It's the probable calculation at the moment and I think this addition will require some feedback / bug catching before i'll dare to call it "Skill Roll calculation details".
-Fixed some crashes (caused with 1.11.0x open beta earlier) with generating Planets (especially those with big bodies of water).
-Militia Parade event is now randomly called (focus on start game though) *
-Profile change Demands made by Factions should be more rare, but also give you much more time to realize them (double the time at least).
-Tuned down a bit the number of Faction Demands in general, especially when you were refusing a Faction (pissing it off even more and making it more likely to demand more) it would come back a bit too quickly. Delay of renewed hassling now at least doubled.
-Resolved a hard to comprehend issue with oil seemingly disappearing from SHQ. However it was not a bug, it was oil sent out with SHQ tank auto-reinforcements to units. I am now logging this kind of complementary item transfers to be included in the SHQ item bar mouse-overs.
-Fixed Corporate Board Member Card, it is now giving the correct and immediate relation bonus 5d10*
-Fixed an issue with inter Tradehouse trade not being reported
-Doubled the PP cost for Disbanding an Asset (to make it cost you a bit more to use scorched earth policies
-The Election Report is now truncated for Zones and Military Units (as in the large empires there would be more text than paper available)

Changelist for v1.11.03
-Fixed a bug in story import at start of game causing the issue reported by emx77*
-Fixed some private construction without dirt road reported by Bavarian Kid
-Convert of Rail Stations level II and higher to HS Rail Stations now possible. Doing this costs you a level and will take 1 or more rounds of reconstruction activities. The Convert button can be found in the Assets Bottom Tab.*

*=needs to be a newly started game with this version or higher

Sparhawk

These are some really positive changes. Pissing off factions seems to be one of my favorite pastimes in the game. I like the idea of upgrading the rail stations. There will be less reason to hold off building them now. Except for my too often experience of a lack of metal.

Tripoli

"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Sparhawk

It took me reading 18 of the AAR turns before I decided I needed to start a new game myself. At this rate I'll never finish other games.  ^-^

Tanaka

Quote from: Sparhawk on July 26, 2022, 08:02:24 PM
It took me reading 18 of the AAR turns before I decided I needed to start a new game myself. At this rate I'll never finish other games.  ^-^

Haha same. AAR's are a great way to make you want to get back into a game. Also a great way to learn the game.

Sigwolf

Currently on sale at GoG for $9.99 for the next 67 hours or so from me typing this.

steve58

:o  Thanks...and here I was contemplating using my MG anniversary coupon on SE.  :timeout:
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Wolfe1759

Quote from: Sigwolf on August 19, 2022, 12:15:58 PM
Currently on sale at GoG for $9.99 for the next 67 hours or so from me typing this.

That's £7.79 in proper money  :)

That is ridiculously cheap  :o

Now I better go back and learn how to play it as I bought it at least a year ago  :-[
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill