Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uberhaus

Could it be pining for the fjords?

GDS_Starfury

do I sense a Hitchhikers joke.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Uberhaus

GDS_Starfury

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

GroggyGrognard

"Strong prejudices in an ill-formed mind are hazardous to government."
-Barbara W. Tuchman, The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam

"The owners of this country know the truth: it's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin

ArizonaTank

Got to hand it to the Ukrainians, they know how to steal the initiative.

Rockets, partisans, spec ops deep strikes and drones...oh my!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/russian-bases-are-blowing-up-all-around-ukraine-as-kyiv-s-rockets-and-drones-lash-out/ar-AA10OzyZ?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=9b3f61e8913a4b42d3784cb1c662c657
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

MengJiao

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on August 18, 2022, 04:08:15 PM
seems like a very busy night!
Explosions at munitions depot, Timonovo Belgorod
Explosions at Stary Oskol Airfield Belgorod
Explosions in Nova Kakhovka Kherson
Explosions near Belbek airport Crimea
Air defence activity near Kerch strait
Russian bases hit in Luhansk
Russian FSB base hit W Crimea

Well, at least the Russians have a new admiral for the Black Sea Fleet.  Meanwhile they are "defending" the big Z nuke facility (what's odd is that it would not have needed defending if they
had not attacked there in the first place...it's like "you made me do it so its your fault i'm eternally an idiot") this is from CNN:

Russian officials have said inspectors should travel to the plant via Russian territory, which Ukraine opposes. In addition, they have refused to withdraw troops from the facility, saying they are necessary to defend it against potential attacks.

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Anonymous Brit declares half of Russia's Black Sea Naval Air Power poofed in that base attack we talked so much about last week:

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/half-russias-black-sea-fleets-combat-jets-out-operation-western-official-2022-08-19/

The article comes with a new colorized and expanded before-after photo set.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

Tom Rogan at the Washington Examiner reports that his sources in Britain credit SAS & SIS teams on the ground for helping the Uks strike far beyond the front.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/guided-by-british-special-forces-ukraine-is-escalating-the-deep-battlespace-fight-against-russia/ar-AA10OKoS?ocid=entnewsntp&cvid=50ab71c846d641d7b70c10ea03d72c9d

Meanwhile, the Washington Post got hold of some docs captured by the Ukrainians, and has dropped a super-chewy 6-part article (10 to 15 pages depending on formatting, I would guess!) on how the Russian Federal Security Service (FSB in Russian with English letters) dropped the ball hard and repeatedly in the leadup to the invasion -- and afterward:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/russia-s-spies-misread-ukraine-and-misled-kremlin-as-war-loomed/ar-AA10P2xQ?ocid=entnewsntp&cvid=50ab71c846d641d7b70c10ea03d72c9d

GDS_Starfury

GDS_Starfury

GDS_Starfury

did you know that ATACMS pods look just like the 6 round pods?

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

ya, the USAF is like YES! we can finally get rid of these.
though if it happens I think it would be more of a post war rebuilding effort.