World at War 85 - Blood and Fury coming soon to a Gamefound near you

Started by Crossroads, July 13, 2022, 07:35:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

I'd like winter maps to be added, just like in Storming the Gap.
Also, a monter sized campaign where you can use both products would be cool.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

nelmsm

Definitely waiting for the PC version to be released.  Haven't owned a board game in over 25 years but I'm tempted to buy the starter kit to check it out once the wife has moved on and I won't catch crap for using the dining room table for a war room.

Crossroads

Quote from: Yskonyn on July 29, 2022, 04:08:19 PM
I'd like winter maps to be added, just like in Storming the Gap.
Also, a monter sized campaign where you can use both products would be cool.

Storming the Gap the whole lot is now available there for USD 150, including the extension pack and neoprene gaming map. New stretch goals were added, the goal for two additional scenarios likely met today, next in the line is an extra counter sheet for Brits, then the winter maps.

:smitten:
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Crossroads

That's the third out of four additional stretch goals met - an extra UK + Soviet OOB counter sheet  :bd:

Seems sales are picking up towards the end, some 8k remaining for the winter map set, with six days to go  :hide:

CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Crossroads

And here we go, that's the 125k stretch goal met with two days remaining <:-)

Thanks LnL for a great offering via crowdsourcing once again! A win-win for everyone involved I hope  :cowboy:

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Crossroads on August 20, 2022, 04:08:06 AM
And here we go, that's the 125k stretch goal met with two days remaining <:-)

Thanks LnL for a great offering via crowdsourcing once again! A win-win for everyone involved I hope  :cowboy:

As long as not too many people back out at the last moment:)  I actually broke down and purchased myself although I am I'll get more out of the future digital release.

Crossroads

Yskonyn

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Grim.Reaper

I missed this when it came out, company released a video update talking about the long delays and lack of communication.     Due to that seems like a lot of conspiracy theories were thrown around, which you can clearly see David not thrilled with and defends.  At this point they also are refusing to provide any more specific dates when it might release, just saying they don't want to deal with people calling them out again if missed.

This was my first time backing any of their products and investing quite a bit for an unreleased game.  Have to admit I likely won't do it again based on how things have unfolded.  Completely understand the frustration from the company and some of the stuff does seem over the top that was said, just not fan of their style and how handled.  The part that completely puzzles me is the fact the lack of communication was largely because of David needing to move (which is understandable) and "lack of internet" during that time which was months.  In today's world, I find it hard to believe he couldn't find a few minutes over the months during that time to find a spot that cell service/internet was available to post brief updates.  Or someone else within the company that had internet couldn't post for him?  Seems based in Colorado, which might be a little harder, but still seems like could have found something with the amount of places where cell service and internet is available in public places or have others do on his behalf.  So that part I can understand people's skepticism as does seem a bit far fetched.  Fingers crossed we end up getting the game at somepoint,....

https://www.facebook.com/LocknLoadPub/videos/387784500241049

Yskonyn

The following is *not* directed at you Grim;

I have no doubt we'll get the game. And I also have no doubt the quality will be on par with Storming the Gap. I agree their communications could have been better, but what's happening with people these days? Just have a little faith and show a little extended patience, instead of lashing out and rallying all the keyboard warriors.

The guys from LnL have a pretty good track record of pushing out quality boardgame stuff. There is no conspiracy going on to scam us from our money here.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Yskonyn on January 22, 2024, 04:05:51 AMThe following is *not* directed at you Grim;

I have no doubt we'll get the game. And I also have no doubt the quality will be on par with Storming the Gap. I agree their communications could have been better, but what's happening with people these days? Just have a little faith and show a little extended patience, instead of lashing out and rallying all the keyboard warriors.

The guys from LnL have a pretty good track record of pushing out quality boardgame stuff. There is no conspiracy going on to scam us from our money here.

For me, nothing to do with actually getting the game, nor do I condone or participate in threatening or really saying anything to the developer that is personal.  Nothing that happened should ever result in that.  Quite frankly I dont even remember when the game was promised although I do recall it being stated it would be a quicker turnaround, I was never in a hurry as I have plenty of other stuff.

But the communication or lack of, especially using the excuse of moving and not having access to the internet for months when the internet is everywhere or could have had someone else from the company provide the updates, is purely unbelievable and what really concerns me about the company which will make me pause in supporting anything they produce in the future.  Couldnt he use a cell phone either?  Instead of really owning it, kept on defending it which I can't believe didn't even seem odd to himself.  And watching the video and how he communicates gives me pause, although I understand he likely was upset because of the abuse being received. So the company has lost some trust with me to support them again, we will see how things end up and who knows what happens in the future.

And although I don't condone what some people did, lack of communication can lead to people thinking something is wrong and start thinking the worst  that could have been avoided with some basic common sense quick communications.  Again, no place how far people took it and never will be.

Did receive some email updates recently where they received production copies to review, so seems like possibly getting closer.  Of all the kickstarters I have participated, first experience with anything like this but I am sure it happens with others more than I know.

Yskonyn

I recall it wasn't a case of 'just moving', but some event forced his hand in the matter. It either wasn't voluntary or it had to do with some other social calamity, can't remember the exact details.

I do agree though, there is no way a complete silence was the only way to go about it. Delegating updates to someone else in the company with more time or brain space on his or her hands would have been a logical step and an easy mitigating action.

Grim.Reaper

Might have been more behind the scenes, but he stated multiple times it was due to lack of internet which nowadays is crazy with cell phones and public access being available, especially over the course of months.  And like you said, there are more than one person at this company, none of them able to post?  You can see why people don't find it believable and start to come up with conspiracy theories when something this unbelievable is used as the excuse. I totally respect if he had personal issues that were more important, but being a business owner seems like there were available options.

Again, still no excuse for people to go nuts but does leave the door open as to whether you can trust what was said and that is more of the issue for me personally.  Hopefully will all be in the past soon anyway.

nelmsm

I've got this ordered as well and I have to agree that the lack of communication is a bit baffling but I can be patient as I've a mountain of unplayed games here yet so not lacking for things to do. 

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: nelmsm on January 22, 2024, 12:15:45 PMI've got this ordered as well and I have to agree that the lack of communication is a bit baffling but I can be patient as I've a mountain of unplayed games here yet so not lacking for things to do. 

Yep, totally agree.  Utilmately I don't care when it comes out as I have plenty myself, just really strange on how things transpired.