How I Wished the World Worked

Started by GDS_Starfury, August 14, 2022, 08:43:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

acctingman

Only in Europe

If that were a US airport some asshat would have told the piano player to stfu

FarAway Sooner

That's cool.  There is a food court in San Francisco (at One Market Street, I think?) with a piano that anybody is welcome to sit down and play at.  When I worked downtown, it was played about one lunchtime in ten, but it made for some really fun listening.  People weren't paid to play it, but nobody dared to perform in front of all those people unless they were really good.

Windigo

Sort of off topic.

Not many years ago, there was an older fellow who played bagpipes solo at the local Cenotaph (located downtown) sometime in April. The local newspaper picked up that he did it to honor his family members that died during the battle for Vimy Ridge. He started to draw small crowds and other bagpipers picked up on it. It was a small thing for a few years.

It no longer happens because he stopped doing it due to age.

Someone told me a trumpeter was now doing it for a grandparent that served in the Korean war, although I haven't read or heard anything about it further.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Gusington

^Similarly on the top of the hill I live on, overlooking the Hudson, a single piper every now and then appears and plays for his son who died nearby in a motorcycle crash. I think he either plays early in the morning just after dawn or just before sunset.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Forgive me if I've told this story before. The small town I live in had an Army Airbase just south of town during WWII where they trained pilots to fly. Somehow some RAF pilots were sent over to train here as well. A number died while here because of accidents or illness, about 25 I believe and are buried at our local cemetery in a section called The British Cemetery. Every Memorial Day they do a ceremony, fly the Union Jack, and usually somebody plays the pipes. A fair number of Brits live in nearby Sarasota and they usually come over for the ceremony. Kind of a neat little tradition.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Ubercat

My family lives in Sarasota. My wife and I live near Allentown PA, though, or I'd suggest a meetup.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Sir Slash

We go to the beach at Longboat Key many times for our anniversary in Sept. Lovely place and a very well kept-up city with lots to see and do.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

GDS_Starfury

whats the waterfront restaurant just north of St. Armands Circle.  iirc its just over the bridge on the west side.  proper old school vaulted ceiling sea side dining.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Sir Slash

I know the place just can't think of the name, just across the bridge onto Longboat Key. Very good food, pretty high prices. A little further north is, The Drydock with spectacular views of sunset, great seafood, and good service, one of our favorites but it's only open on certain days of the week and weekends. I don't think the storm messed them up too badly. Now I'm hungry.  :undecided:

GDS_Starfury

Sir Slash

GDS_Starfury

Sir Slash

Always choose, 'Rock'. That way if you lose, you're ready to punch the hell out of the other guy.  :knuppel2: