Friday is not our God

Started by Dammit Carl!, August 19, 2022, 08:35:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 19, 2022, 01:04:35 PM
Slut...

...and I mean you, not the poor girl.

I resemble that remark.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Pete Dero

Graviteam Tactics Mius Front.

Or Regiments if I can't control myself.  As a 100% single player gamer I should support this game right  ! ?

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

YES.  Regiments is extremely good.

It's what would happen if Eugen games actually had a properly done single player experience built for people with human reflexes.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Jarhead0331

Quote from: SirAndrewD on August 19, 2022, 02:54:04 PM
YES.  Regiments is extremely good.

It's what would happen if Eugen games actually had a properly done single player experience built for people with human reflexes.

That's really not fair. You can slow Eugen games down to a damn near pause. The Wargame and Steel Division series are all exceptional.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 19, 2022, 03:04:30 PM

That's really not fair. You can slow Eugen games down to a damn near pause. The Wargame and Steel Division series are all exceptional.

I have never really been able to get into them in single player as I do Regiments.  I know people love them.  I keep trying but something about them just never won me over.

I try Steel Division 2 probably every month and end up shelving it.  I guess I don't have the attention for their scale.

Regiments feels a lot more comfortable to me in how its constructed.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: SirAndrewD on August 19, 2022, 03:18:30 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 19, 2022, 03:04:30 PM

I have never really been able to get into them in single player as I do Regiments.  I know people love them.  I keep trying but something about them just never won me over.

I try Steel Division 2 probably every month and end up shelving it.  I guess I don't have the attention for their scale.

Regiments feels a lot more comfortable to me in how its constructed.

Fair enough. I only wish I could play Regiments, but I refuse to do so in 1920x1440. Not in 2022 on a 43" 4K monitor.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Father Ted

Quote from: solops on August 19, 2022, 10:10:52 AM
Shadow Empire
Been watching DasTactics' latest foray into this (albeit with a new beta build) and will be diving in again myself.  Such a cool game.

Sir Slash

'Hide the Sausage' SirAndrew? Better hope she's NOT vegan.  ::)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Anguille

Killing Joke  :notworthy:

More of the same as last week:

- Interstellar Space
- Mechs and Mercs
- Shogun 2

Have a good one.

Gusington

More Killing Joke you say? Surely.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Anguille

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Sir Slash on August 20, 2022, 09:12:36 AM
'Hide the Sausage' SirAndrew? Better hope she's NOT vegan.  ::)

She isn't.  Or if she was she isn't now.   O:-) :smitten:

Johnnie

Andrew:  Do you mean she has lost her veganity?  You dog.

Sir Slash

Well done Sir.  :notworthy:  Even if she was vegan, there's always the old Dill Pickle Trick.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.