Sins Of a Solar Empire 2

Started by solops, April 23, 2024, 03:25:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

solops

SoaSE-2----

Who has it?
Is it any good?
How is it different from SoaSE-1?
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Grim.Reaper

Past thread on it, some posts near the end where some folks had impressions so might be worth checking out.

https://www.grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=26554.msg716745#msg716745

Destraex

Solops I have it and it's pretty good. It's sins1 with better graphics and a few changes like orbiting planets and moons. Another cool feature is
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

solops

Thanks to you both. I will hope for a sale soon!
I thought I remembered a thread on SoaSE2. I wonder why it did not turn up in the search I did before starting this one?
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Destraex

That sale will be a while as the game is not even out of early access yet. It'still missing one side iirc.

solops

Quote from: Destraex on April 23, 2024, 11:17:47 PMThat sale will be a while as the game is not even out of early access yet. It'still missing one side iirc.
Ah! Sadness  :(
Well, I have 30+ games I've never played and two or three I cannot quit. I am sure I can keep busy until the game is done!

solops

I looked into this game a bit more. Although work does seem to be ongoing, the devs don't seem really too intent on it. Anyone keep up with it any better?

Destraex

The devs are pretty dedicated and interact with the community daily. I have had a fair amount of interaction with them.
They are definitely hard at work on sins2 from what I have seen. The game is already very polished and just needs a final third faction to complete it as far as I know. That faction is though due out later this year. It is tending to take them 6 months to a year per faction.
It should be noted that the developers do interact on their forums but interact more apparently on their discord server.

I am betting that once this last faction (the advent) are released the game will almost be ready to release.

I have not kept up with sins2 since the Vasari came out some months ago though.

I should also note that the developers do seem unlike homeworld3 to be a lot of the same sins1 ironclad games developers. I recognise a lot of the names. Blair Fraser and his brother Iirc, Yarlen etc. I think the hey might be a Canadian studio?

From what I have seen the devs are very well grounded and not much phases them or rattles them. They just carry on at their own pace and always seem to be polite and professional. A pretty impressive team if you ask me.