But a black cat just crossed my FRIDAY

Started by CJReich46, January 13, 2023, 08:24:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainKoloth

Quote from: Gusington on January 13, 2023, 10:52:38 AMIf any of you fine grogs have a newer, go-to, space-faring 4x game besides Stellaris, I would like to hear about it.

:screams from a mountaintop:
Sins of a Solar Empire! You must all hear the good news of Sins of a Solar Empire!

(Sins 1 if you haven't played it, Sins 2 if you're a Sins 1 veteran)

Gusington

^I have Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion in my library. On previous gaming machines I was not able to run it, I never figured out why. I'm installing it now on my current machine. Fingers crossed  :stormtrooper2:

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

So I installed and loaded it up and after one initial crash after adjusting the graphics settings, Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion appears to be working  :Dreamer:

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Geezer

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Gusington

Took me two months to finally get to it because of illness, but I set up my vr (HP Reverb) today. Just the tech demo made my head explode! This is gonna be nuts  :ninjameditate:

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

FarAway Sooner

Excellent Jeff Beck pieces to launch this thread.  The man was an innovator and a special talent for sure!

For me, it's been Distant Worlds 2 when I got to play, and a little bit of Monster Train that sucked me into playing way too night last night!  That latter title is absolutely addictive, if light-hearted.  It's a bit like if Darkest Dungeon had a love child with a classic Tower Defense game.