Roll Call : Your best/funny. XCOM soldier names

Started by Capn Darwin, October 11, 2012, 09:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capn Darwin

Half the fun of the game is naming your troops. So who is fighting for you?

I have Kitkat Chunky,  Sean Connery, Pat McGroyne, and Heidi Klum to name a few.
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

W8taminute

Daddy Mooshka (named after myself)
Daddy Awesome (another character named after myself)
Anwar Sadat (This guy looked like him and he is from Egypt so...)
Ugda Tal (Every soldier that joins from Israel will be named after famous Zahal units that fought in the 6 Day War)
John Shepard (my tribute to the Mass Effect series)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

tgb

I've had squads made up of John, Paul, George, & Ringo, Groucho, Chico, Harpo, & Zeppo Marx, and Moe Howard, Shemp Howard, Larry Fine, and Curly Joe DeRita (a third Howard would have been too confusing).

MIGMaster

I always use the names of the characters from Aliens.... Hicks, Hudson, and so on.

Steelgrave

No shock here, but I have Opie, Clay, Jax, Happy, Gemma, Chibs, Tig, and Romeo from that show you know I love. Jax, Chibs and Happy like to kick down doors, while Clay handles the big artillery while Opie and Romeo sit back with their sniper rifles. I have some backups with the Aliens names and a few Battlestar alums as well. But yeah, naming them is a lot of the fun and adds to the despair when one gets blown away.

Arctic Blast

All of mine are named after friends.

What's kind of funny is that there seem to be some consistent results. My buddies Kelly and Atti have ended up being an absolute bad ass in all 3 games I've played. On the other hand, several other people can't hit a damn thing and piss their armour on a mission to mission basis.

Capn Darwin

My next game will feature the names of the aliens working at Yo-You Dyne propulsion from Buckaroo Bonsai. Also need Amilio Lazardo too.
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

jomni

My game's not unlocked yet but I think I'm gonna name someone Jarhead.  It seems bad-ass enough.

Rayfer

I didn't pre-order so I can't use the customization feature to color their armor.  To make it easier to distinguish them on the battlefield I change their last names, i.e Manny Sniper. Joe Heavy, Javier Assualt, etc.

Arctic Blast

Apparently there are names that unlock super soldiers so crazy good that you can't earn achievements if they're with you. Sid Meier is one, Ken Levine is another. There are at least 2 others that have been discovered, too.

W8taminute

^cool!

I'll have to try them out but only after I pop most of the cheevos.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk