Knights of Honor 2: Sovereign

Started by Anguille, August 21, 2019, 02:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

^It's like they were reading my above info on Hungary. I wonder if I should just restart?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Anguille

Quote from: Gusington on December 09, 2022, 12:28:27 PM
^It's like they were reading my above info on Hungary. I wonder if I should just restart?
Maybe you should if your prospects are too bad. On the other hand, you could still learn a lot if you manage to survive Hungary

Gusington

I think I will...but the obsessive part of my brain demands I finish what I started  :crazy2:

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

I just noticed that Grim posted news about the software update.  I am having slight frame rate issues.  I'll have to check what my SSRT setting is but maybe that won't matter as the patch forces it to "none". 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

Well I led Bosnia to the end...which didn't take long. Ugh.

Need to find a kingdom a bit easier to run. Once bad events started to happen they were impossible to overcome.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

So what's the Groggy consensus on this one?  Is it worth $40-45 in these cash-strapped times? 
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: al_infierno on December 09, 2022, 11:08:10 PM
So what's the Groggy consensus on this one?  Is it worth $40-45 in these cash-strapped times?

According to GG Deals which locates deals on games, this place is an "official" store and has it for like 28.99 if you use the code "ALLYOUCANPLAY".  Never used them myself so no idea.

https://www.allyouplay.com/en/knights-of-honor-ii-sovereign

As for whether even worth it at that price, I'll leave to others but from my standpoint, I am enjoying it but still have a lot to learn.

devoncop

I have been watching a lots of You Tube playthroughs and following the Steam discussions and the game is a lot better than it initially seems I think.

It has a strange mechanic in that there in a type of "countdown" in place before you can expect to be attacked which is longer at easier difficulties and shorter at harder ones. The Devs have already patched it once to rebalance a few things to make easier difficulties easier still as some folks found they were getting stomped very early on.

It seems obvious that the mixed reviews are down to a lot of people not getting all the nuances of the game and trying to be too aggressive. Unlike CK3 neighbouring countries get mad pretty quickly if you map paint and try to bully their region.

I like what I see.

I am buying it tomorrow
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Gusington

^Clearly I am one that got stomped extremely early on, but that was before the patch. It was also on easy difficulty :/

So I will start another campaign momentarily, also on easy, and hope for the best.

I hope to actually get to a point where I can actually become aggressive and piss of my neighbors. Dare to dream!

Still think I will be playing this forever once I learn it. It is very addictive in many ways.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mbar

I took the plunge. Starting a game as Scotland.

Gusington

^Post impressions! A faction like Scotland may be perfect for turtling, not getting smacked down early, and some success.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

Going in tomorrow - somewhere Italian

Gusington

^Speaking of which I just played three hours (!!!) as Ragusa. And have survived so far. Still playing on easy. It helps that I have bigger powers like Croatia and Serbia on my borders to help counter the antics of other surrounding kingdoms. That kind of geography and yesterday's patch have allowed me to live longer as a tiny kingdom. I've also survived long enough to get ranked in different categories by the game and all in all am doing ok. I wonder if playing as a larger kingdom with more provinces would be less difficult and open up more options...

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Performance Update: Reducing SSRT to 'None' significantly improved my framerate/stutter issue.  I attribute this problem of mine to my older graphics card.

Gameplay Update: Cash is my problem but I know a lot of my income goes into the missions I have my clergy running to maintain stability in my empire.  Other than that I have been waging a successful war against Rum capturing Konya and Aleppo.  My empire grows. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

devoncop

Jumped on board an hour ago and deciding on a starting faction given what I have read and seen so far.

Thinking on either Denmark (worried about the Germans) or one of the Irish Dukedoms (worried about England)  :).

Definitely starting on Easy difficulty though .... always start on  "normal" in my games but as a die hard Turn based man the RTS stuff intimidates me  :)

Think I will try an early game RTS tactical battle but am likely to auto resolve most of them.

Interesting that the Steam rating has consistently improved since release.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games