Smack my FRIDAY up!

Started by Jarhead0331, July 02, 2021, 06:30:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

Congrats on the new job al. I never began a new job without worrying myself silly that I was making a big mistake. Then after a couple of weeks, I wondered why the hell I waited so long to switch. I always hated being the, 'New Guy'.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

al_infierno

Yeah, I'm still in the first phase of that process.   :buck2:

Thanks!
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Phantom

Will be playing a bit of Bomber Command - grim subject matter (yes, you really want that firestorm) but well implemented in the game.

Gusington

Congrats al.

I forgot all about Old World until reviews started popping up for it, and they are very good. But Epic is also a no go for me too. I can wait.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Redwolf

New SSD arrived. DCS re-downloading, now with Tomcat and Marianas.

devoncop

After having finally had a total party wipe in the third major Campaign of Wyldermyth I decided  as a total change to re install and play Field of Glory Empires which I haven't played in a very long time and found some great diplomatic improvements  have been made with regard to clauses that can be proposed or received around peace agreements,  diplomatic co operation  etc.

I t is a hugely enjoyable game and so far my Dacians are doing pretty well and I have just started playing out the climactic battle in my war against the Lysymachids using the FoG2 battle engine.

Always nice to gi back to a favourite game from the past and finding it  retains its attraction.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Father Ted

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 02, 2021, 02:06:04 PM
Almost forgot...Creeper World 4. This is some seriously addictive shit.

Got this a couple of weeks back. Have only had time to do two levels, but am seriously impressed with the game design.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Father Ted on July 04, 2021, 05:10:27 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 02, 2021, 02:06:04 PM
Almost forgot...Creeper World 4. This is some seriously addictive shit.

Got this a couple of weeks back. Have only had time to do two levels, but am seriously impressed with the game design.

Its really crazy. I've got like 6 hours in. Its nice to play for like 30min to an hour at a time. Very slick game.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18