Fog:Emp multiplayer 2 -- BARBARIANS ARISE (game 2 running)

Started by JasonPratt, September 15, 2019, 02:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

The good news and the bad news this turn is the same: the meandering bandit doomstack decided to punch at my capital instead of Blucher's!

This shall be their undoing.  >:D  :knuppel2: They did murder my incoming heavy infantry -- maybe I could have avoided that had I thought to try right-clicking my city as his target? (We can do that to make sure arriving forces immediately merge with present stacks; maybe it works with garrisons, too, haven't tried yet.)

However, my mercs arrived, and my garrison is no pushover, and we're going to surge next turn and wipe them unless they flee -- hopefully not in problematic directions!

I smushed another Arabian land up north, and I'd be glad to continue, but I need to peace out for now until I can get Blucher's problems in my backfield settled. That could take a while.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Well, Arabia realized they could escape with their lives (and their current 60 point army) by accepting my peace terms, whereupon they IMMEDIATELY started raiding their former territories.  :pullhair:

I won't allow that to continue; but first I'm making sure Blucher gets back on the map.

My newly established Merc Assault Force is on the way to hit your nearest southern-coast neighbor, and then if I can I'll work my way counterclockwise around the neutral raider indies. Afterward I'll evacuate the area and declare war on the Qats briefly so that you can come in and take over again, hopefully to instantly provincialize upon doing so! (I see you've already started to reclaim some territory, such as the region north of your capital I'll be passing through first next turn.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Blucher

Hey guys I posted on the game but just wanted to post it here too. Flying to the USA to go to Disney with the kids Saturday night. I will be gone for a week. I am guessing my faction will go to the A.I. when I am gone.

JasonPratt

Hopefully the Qat AI won't be dumb enough to DOW me. If they do, I may have to defend myself, but I'll leave something for you to take control over when you get back, and then I'll hop out of your regions (with improvements if I have time to swing them) and let you retake them easily.  O0

Tuna

Quote from: JasonPratt on December 13, 2019, 08:39:24 AM
Hopefully the Qat AI won't be dumb enough to DOW me. If they do, I may have to defend myself, but I'll leave something for you to take control over when you get back, and then I'll hop out of your regions (with improvements if I have time to swing them) and let you retake them easily.  O0

Are you not Allied right now? I don't think I've seen the AI break alliances yet.

Barthheart

Tuna

Yeah, think you're safe JP, as long as you have an alliance with them.

JasonPratt

JasonPratt

Quote from: Barthheart on December 13, 2019, 09:04:20 AM
Huw's old empire hasn't broken our alliance yet....

Which is good, because they seem to be doing hilariously well without him.  :coolsmiley:

JasonPratt

Be sure to let me know when you're back home, Blucher, so that I can arrange a quick war to transfer over the regions I've helped secure for you! My efforts (together with the AI) have about covered Arabia Orientalis, so you should be able to form the province soon.

JasonPratt

I'm going to hold off until Dec 26 (depending on what time the gameclock runs out, need to check that), or until I hear from Blucher that he's back in the saddle (not the AI playing for him), so that we can plan how to transfer his sphere of influence back over to his control.

Blucher

Quote from: JasonPratt on December 23, 2019, 08:12:48 PM
I'm going to hold off until Dec 26 (depending on what time the gameclock runs out, need to check that), or until I hear from Blucher that he's back in the saddle (not the AI playing for him), so that we can plan how to transfer his sphere of influence back over to his control.

I am back in the saddle again Jason

JasonPratt

Good! So, I'm vacating all the Orientalis provinces, except for some minimal police forces for keeping down unrest, which you should be able to steamroll over. (Once the more developed diplomacy update arrives, maybe we can give each other things like civilized people or at least like Age of Wonders players. ;) Until then I do have to sacrifice a few things.) This past turn, my Merc Reclamation force should have departed into the sea, to work its way around to my Arabian side; but if they get lost at sea, no biggie.

We should be able to declare war on each other next turn, and then you can zip around after that taking the Orientalist things back under control; after which we can make peace and ally again. It's suuuuuper dumb, and will play havoc with our CDR (if not our Legacy), but that's how things are. Be sure to provincialize Orientalis asap! I should be able to donate some gold to help you buy food (if that event option rolls up) or similar things, even if we're still at war.

Blucher

Quote from: JasonPratt on December 26, 2019, 07:06:18 PM
Good! So, I'm vacating all the Orientalis provinces, except for some minimal police forces for keeping down unrest, which you should be able to steamroll over. (Once the more developed diplomacy update arrives, maybe we can give each other things like civilized people or at least like Age of Wonders players. ;) Until then I do have to sacrifice a few things.) This past turn, my Merc Reclamation force should have departed into the sea, to work its way around to my Arabian side; but if they get lost at sea, no biggie.

We should be able to declare war on each other next turn, and then you can zip around after that taking the Orientalist things back under control; after which we can make peace and ally again. It's suuuuuper dumb, and will play havoc with our CDR (if not our Legacy), but that's how things are. Be sure to provincialize Orientalis asap! I should be able to donate some gold to help you buy food (if that event option rolls up) or similar things, even if we're still at war.

Ok declaring war and waiting for your armies to clear out.

Blucher

Hey guys sorry for the delay I think I got the flu  :'(