Main Menu

SpaceBourne 2

Started by Jarhead0331, February 17, 2023, 08:26:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Seems almost too good to be true. This is made by a single developer and although clearly not as AAA as Star Citizen, it does seem to combine most of its elements. I never played SpaceBourne 1, but it seems to have a pretty tight corps of followers. Anyway, at $15.99, there is no real downside.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1646850/SpaceBourne_2/

QuoteSpaceBourne 2 is a single-player, open-universe RPG and third-person shooter game with an abundance of features, including role-playing, mining, trading, piracy, crafting, and deep exploration. The story picks up where it left off in SpaceBourne, but now the player's goal is to build a new empire in the galaxy, with the methods of doing so being completely up to the player.

In SpaceBourne 2, players are offered tens of thousands of diverse solar systems to explore. Each system has a unique structure, featuring different planets with varied surfaces and areas to discover. The locations, from the solar systems to the planets, are procedurally generated, ensuring that each system and planet is unique and has numerous points to explore.

SpaceBourne 2 boasts massive planetary surfaces, each with its own structure, climate, and gravity, as well as cities, villages, caves, outposts, and secrets to interact with. With tens of thousands of different planets available, players are given an unparalleled amount of opportunities for exploration throughout the galaxy.

Every scenario needs a hero.
In SpaceBourne you have two of them; Your Pilot and your Ship
With the new character customization system and the realistic rendering feature of Unreal Engine, you will create lifelike characters and embark on an adventure with your ships that you have modified according to your own preferences.

In SpaceBourne 2, you have the ability to establish your own faction and wield complete control over it. You get to decide on the faction's internal operations, policies, governing principles, and management structure. By expanding your faction's military, capturing other stations and solar systems, or constructing new stations, you can become the supreme ruler of the galaxy.

SpaceBourne 2 offers a rich diplomacy system, featuring Starlords loyal to each faction, as well as houses connected to Starlords. Each house has unique characteristics, stations, planets, cities, and fleets, allowing for diplomacy not only with factions but also with Starlords and Houses.

Diplomacy can now be done not only with factions but also with Starlords and Houses.

The relations of the Starlords in the galaxy can change all diplomatic dynamics in the game. This forces you to think hard before you act.

"Any galaxy is too big for one person to rule. "

In SpaceBourne 2, you are not alone on your journey. You have companions who can assist you in combat and lead your team. Players can assign team members different roles on board based on their skills.

GUILDS
In the game, there are guilds available, a total of 7. The player can join the guilds they choose and progress within these guilds. Each guild can provide numerous side quests to the player within their respective areas of expertise. As the player completes these quests, they can rise in rank within the guild and gain access to unique benefits offered by the guild members.

SIDE MISSIONS
In SpaceBourne 2, players can expect to encounter side missions scattered throughout the galaxy. These missions not only offer a change of pace from the main storyline, but also provide an opportunity for players to earn extra rewards, learn new information about the game's world and characters, and immerse themselves even further in the game's rich and diverse universe.

LIVING GALAXY
In SpaceBourne 2, you will enter a living galaxy where opportunities for adventure and intrigue are waiting for you at every turn. With a vast array of spaceships at your fingertips, you can engage in communication with other ships, and experience random encounter events that will pull you into new stories and challenges.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Grim.Reaper

Interesting...not too much risk for $15.99.  Maybe at some point with more feedback.

W8taminute

I like the fact that the player can build up a faction.  If there is the ability to command multiple ship fleets, direct land battles anywhere in the galaxy, and conquer planets I think I will give this one a try. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

^Kind of like Mount and Blade.

This game looks nuts!! One guy created this??

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Pete Dero

Quote from: Gusington on February 17, 2023, 12:22:55 PMThis game looks nuts!! One guy created this??

Give him the Star Citizen funds  :evil: .

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Result: Spacebourne3 in 25 years!  :evil:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

The reviews for this on The Steam are glowing. JH have you played this? About to buy it because I'm a game whore  :3musketeer:

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on February 17, 2023, 01:47:56 PMThe reviews for this on The Steam are glowing. JH have you played this? About to buy it because I'm a game whore  :3musketeer:

Not yet. This weekend.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

^Please post impressions  :Party:

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Quote from: Gusington on February 17, 2023, 01:47:56 PMThe reviews for this on The Steam are glowing. JH have you played this? About to buy it because I'm a game whore  :3musketeer:

I've got my finger on the trigger too and I'm not practicing safe buying.  Let us know what you think!
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Grim.Reaper

Had some time with it.....although impressive for a single person, not sure about this one yet.  Controls are extremely touchy and finding it hard to control the ship.  The voice overs are a little odd.  I know its early access and pretty cheap so hard to make any judgments now.

I'll keep plugging away to see how it goes for now.

solops

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on February 17, 2023, 08:37:47 AMInteresting...not too much risk for $15.99.  Maybe at some point with more feedback.
Got it this morning after reading this post. No clue when I will try it.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Jarhead0331

I'm enjoying it and overall I'm impressed. For one guy? It's a real achievement.

Does it look at as good as Star Citizen? Nope...but I intended to check it out and look around for a few minutes and an hour and a half later, I had to force myself out.

In the three missions I ran, I got to run around planetside, take off in a ship and travel in system to an asteroid field, engage in space combat, EVA and float down to a hidden pirate base on an abandoned platform, engage in combat on foot, travel to a new system and check out a few stations.

There's a lot going on here and so far its really fun.

Again...for one guy? Early Access? $15.99!? It's a must buy in my book.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

Dammit I was hoping it would suck  :cool:

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd