Tabletop Gaming, Models, and Minis > Other Games Around the Table

7 Wonders

(1/5) > >>

bayonetbrant:
Another great city-building game...  this one plays just as fast with 3 as it does with 7.  Great balance and nice mechanics to handle some very simple combat, and a nice injection of history.  Bayonet Jr even went on the hunt for a book about the original 7 Wonders to read about them after seeing them in the game.

Anyone else given this one a whirl?

TheCommandTent:
Some friends introduced me to the game and we even got my wife to play.  It took one game to understand how it worked but after that it plays quick and was loads of fun.  We got the game and even had my in-laws playing.  There are plenty of options and ways to play that it won't get old.

son_of_montfort:
I have almost bought this one about 3 times now, but I heard it plays poorly with two (it uses a dummy player), so I passed on it. There were also a few complaints about card color discrepancies in the second reprint that scared me away.

bayonetbrant:

--- Quote from: son_of_montfort on January 30, 2012, 09:16:44 PM ---I have almost bought this one about 3 times now, but I heard it plays poorly with two (it uses a dummy player), so I passed on it. There were also a few complaints about card color discrepancies in the second reprint that scared me away.

--- End quote ---

I won't lie, it plays like crap with only 2.  But with 3+ it's a blast.  Here's the best endorsement: my dad won't put it down, and on a recent trip to Louisiana, bought 2 copies for other family member so he could play with them while on the road.  Dad's a huge history buff and was my introduction to wargaming, but he loves this game.

I've got a 2d ed reprint and have no probs with the colors/printing.

TheCommandTent:
Yeah two players is not so much fun.  Most of the games I have played where with 4 but I got in a couple with 6 players which was great as each decision on which card to play held even more weight.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version