Old World from Soren Johnson

Started by RedArgo, April 14, 2020, 01:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

solops

After my bitter and ongoing disappointment with Humankind I broke down and got an Epic account and bought Old World. Totally worth it!!! I have a long way to go and a lot to learn, but this game looks good. Old World rocks while Humankind s-ck's!
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Gusington

^This post is bringing me as dangerously close to downloading Epic as I have ever been...somebody stop me!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Quote from: Gusington on September 20, 2021, 07:23:05 PM
^This post is bringing me as dangerously close to downloading Epic as I have ever been...somebody stop me!

Gus...Gus.

It starts with d/l Epic on Monday....by the weekend the Chinese state security operations have full knowledge of your nefarious browsing habits.... ;)

Still impatient ? :)
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Gusington

I'm good now. Thanks for pulling me back from the edge.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

solops

I have had some more time in on this now and it is much more like what I had hoped for Humankind. So far I like it. But, it is still early days and I have not even fought my first war yet. My biggest complaint so far is the lack of a handy board to monitor discussions like Steam provides. That is an Epic failure, not the game's.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Silent Disapproval Robot

There's a very active discussion board for it on Discord.  The link is on the bottom left of the title screen when you start the game.

steve58

Quote from: Gusington on September 21, 2021, 08:25:21 AM
I'm good now.  Thanks for pulling me back from the edge.

Resistance is futile.  You will comply.

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Gusington

Holding...for now. I can wait for 6 months or a year. I've done it for other titles. And I'll just keep telling myself that, repeatedly...

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

I'm playing as Assyria now.  My current ruler managed to usurp power from his older brother and ascended to the throne in spite of the fact that the elder brother was the legitimate heir.  He grew up with a pet monkey.  Said monkey has long harboured a dislike of the elder brother and has thus been trained and sent on an assassination mission to slip poison into the elder brother's drink while he treats with a delegation from Carthage.

Monkey assassins Gus!  How can you resist?

al_infierno

:DD  This game sounds incredible.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

Mission successful!  And he made it look like the Carthaginians did it.

al_infierno

That's a dang smart monkey.  Not only committed a calculated murder, but managed to frame an entire civilization for it!  Can you install him as your ruler?
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

^That's a low, slow softball to the inside...

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

steve58

Do I sense a crack in your never epic resolve?
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)