PocketCiv?

Started by bayonetbrant, February 24, 2012, 10:40:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Anyone ever given this one a whirl?

I'm thinking about giving it a try one of these lunch breaks.  Looks like a spiffy little civ-builder that can be played quickly.

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/28044/pocket-civ

and the not-quite-home-made set of components

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Barthheart

Someone made a samll PC game out of that... with permission.

http://www.jkntech.com/blog/page/Pocket-Civ-Download-Page.aspx

I haven't really played it much but the program works well.

MIGMaster

Thanks for the heads-up on both games guys !

Barthheart

Just played over lunch. This is a HARD game... even just to make it to the end.

Three tries and the best I did was 219 Glory!

bayonetbrant

got my ass kicked about 4 times.

maybe I should read the rules? ;D
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MIGMaster

Takes the fun out of it  ;)

Steelgrave

Rules? Rules!?!? We don't need no steenkin' rules!

LongBlade

Reading the rules is like telling people you don't like duct tape.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

son_of_montfort

Speaking of portable Civ, those that have an iPad really should get Civilization Revolution. It's quick Civ in all its glory and able to be put in a backpack!
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert