Grogheads Fantasy Football 2014 Season

Started by Bison, July 14, 2014, 08:31:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

I forgot remind everyone that you have until 15 SEP to set your team's keepers.

Also we need two managers still to fill out the leagues 8 teams.  Hoping Steelie and Con check in to claim their teams.

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Bison

You are right and that's why your the other commissioner.  You know the facts.

MetalDog

I try.  You got any other things you want to try?  Did you look at the scoring changes suggested up thread?

Bison

I'm not opposed to the defense scoring changes, but sack did make up a lot of points last year for defenses.  The 300-399 change is ok.v

Bison

This is a keeper league and owners get a vote for rule changes.  So defensive changes are up for discussion.

MetalDog

I'm good with sacks being 1 point and Yds given up from 300 to 399 being a 0 instead of -1.

Bison

Still in need of either Con and Steelie claiming their teams or two new managers for the pro league.

Arctic Blast

Keepers set. Someone give Con and Steelie a smack to wake them up.

MetalDog

Steelie is travelling and Con is a Pats fan.  What do you expect? ;)

Bison

Well we have a couple of weeks until the keepers get locked and draft set.  We still also need to decide on a date for the draft.

BanzaiCat

Set my keepers, though it was not as hard a choice as I thought it would be. I couldn't quite make myself keep that Jets wide receiver even though he had a phenomenal year. Honestly I'm still debating whether I should keep Foster or not, so who knows, I may change my mind. I'm a Texans fan, but I gotta think his heyday is done.

Con

Sorry was on vacation

I am in and will setup

Con

Con

OK first thoughts...how did I ever make it third place with such a putrid team (that is if I am reading this correctly?).  I had greater than 50% turnover in active layers from my draft picks

Also I am completely confused by the Keeper league and rules and how to execute this.

Do we keep players we drafted or do we chose from our end of year (2013) roster?
Where and how do we select what players we keep on the Yahoo site (I think I get that we can choose three)
What exactly does it mean when you say that it costs us 1 draft pick higher?  Can  someone please provide a scenario of how this works.

Thanks
Con

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Con on July 24, 2014, 09:01:11 AM
OK first thoughts...how did I ever make it third place with such a putrid team (that is if I am reading this correctly?).  I had greater than 50% turnover in active layers from my draft picks

Also I am completely confused by the Keeper league and rules and how to execute this.

Do we keep players we drafted or do we chose from our end of year (2013) roster?
Where and how do we select what players we keep on the Yahoo site (I think I get that we can choose three)
What exactly does it mean when you say that it costs us 1 draft pick higher?  Can  someone please provide a scenario of how this works.

Thanks
Con

Pick your Keepers by hovering the mouse over 'My Team' once you're looking at the League page. One of the options (very bottom of the list) is Choose Keepers.

As for what you'll lose by keeping them, you'll surrender your pick in this year's draft that's a round higher than where you chose that player in last year's draft. For example, I'll use my choices :

LeSean McCoy was last year's 1st rounder. I'm keeping him, and thus surrendering this year's first rounder. Note that I would not have been able to also keep my 2nd round pick from last year, since that also would have surrendered my 1st rounder this season.
Peyton Manning was last year's 3rd, and I'm dumping this year's 2nd by keeping him.
Alshon Jeffrey was last year's 14th rounder, making him a 13th round mega-bargain this season.

You can see where you drafted players last season by choosing the 'Last Season' option under Draft Central.