Martok

Quote from: Martok on September 08, 2014, 04:29:14 PM
Vikings won. 

Steelers won. 

Bears and Packers lost.

Patriots, Cowboys, and Saints lost. 

I am content.
I feel the need to add to this. 

Not only am I content, that was about as close to a perfect football weekend as I could've wished for.  Sure, the Lions won, but given they're rarely relevant in any given season anyway (2011 notwithstanding) -- and therefore never count for anything in our division -- I can't really consider them having "spoiled" anything.  ;D 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

BanzaiCat

I'm not sure the Lions are quite the doormat they used to be. Time will tell of course.

Martok

In the past 15 years, Detroit has had winning records only twice, been to the playoffs only once, and has won the division zero times.  They basically haven't been worth a damn since Barry Sanders retired. 

Unless & until they manage to put together at least a couple consecutive decent seasons, 2011 must be viewed as a fluke, and they will continue their doormat status. 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

BanzaiCat

Perhaps. As I said, time will tell.

I could honestly care less. Not a Lions fan.

MetalDog

As a long time Buccaneers fan, I am inclined to hate the entire NFC North (the former NFC Central, which the Bucs, for some unknown reason, were a part of), so I generally have nothing nice to say about any of those teams.  However, I also play fantasy sports, and doing so gives you a perspective that someone who does not play fantasy sports, does not always have or understand.  What I mean is, that, I root for individual performances as they pertain to the welfare of my team.  So every week, I root for Golden Tate (Lions), Jarret Boykin (Packers), Jay Cutler (Bears) because they are on my fantasy team and tried today to trade for Cordarrelle Patterson (Vikings).  It's an odd feeling to see that in print  :o

I said all that to say this, the new Offensive Coordinator in Detroit comes from New Orleans with a good pedigree.  He's got a lot of weapons to work with and a very good quarterback to run his offense.  The knock is that Stafford is a bit of a dumbbell and snatches defeat from the jaws of victory a bit too often.  In any event, the North should be a lot of fun to watch this year.  i hope they all score a hundred points a game.  And all to my guys ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob