Main Menu

HA! I finished it!

Started by MetalDog, February 11, 2015, 11:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

al_infierno

Nice job!  That first Incan campaign mission was hard as hell, I don't think I even tried the second mission after I finished the first one.   :hide:
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

Thanks fellers. Weirdly I didn't think any of the campaign was overly difficult. I tried the Inca campaign after getting repeatedly pummeled by the Portuguese colonial campaign in Africa. The  first mission of that campaign was very tough with a limited number of combat units that get their arse kicked and whittled down, and after multiple tries like al, I just gave up on that one.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Great job Gus. 

Hey does anyone know if the new AOE has the wo-lo-lo-lo sound effect in it?
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

Can you further describe the sound effect? I think most of the original audio is intact and has been updated in the definitve edition.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

Quote from: W8taminute on December 21, 2021, 10:58:11 AM
Great job Gus. 

Hey does anyone know if the new AOE has the wo-lo-lo-lo sound effect in it?

Which new AOE?  AOE 4 or AOE 2: DE?

In AOE 2: DE the only units who have the classic Wololo sound are Priests, a special reskin of Monks.  However, if you have a Priest, all monks you recruit also get that same sound effect!

I don't think the classic sound is in AOE 4.

@Gus:

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

W8taminute

^Yes!  That's the one from AOE2 I believe. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Gusington

^HA that is definitely still in AoE2: DE!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Still loving AoE2 -DE.

Just won the new Lords of the West, six chapter campaign as Burgundy. Very well done, culminates with an urban raid against Joan of Arc.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Congrats on the win Gus. Joan of Arc can't be a pushover.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

al_infierno

Congrats!  That's one of the original campaigns from AoE 2 IIRC but I still haven't gotten around to playing it.   :-[

Have you played through the William Wallace campaign Gus?  It's the tutorial campaign so it's pretty straightforward and fun.

- MengJiao

Gusington

^I did back in 1999 to learn the game but I haven't played the DE version. There's also a knew DE Edward Longshanks campaign, also part of Lords of the West. Next up I am thinking of one of the Central or Eastern European campaigns or maybe the Vlad Dracula campaign.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

A Plague Tale: Innocence is one of the better games I have played in a while with one of most frustrating final bosses. Took me over 100 tries to finally beat this bastard but finally did tonight. Very much looking forward to the sequel A Plague Tale: Requiem, due out this year.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Damn! A hundred tries?  :o  Way to hang in there Gus.  :clap:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Might have been even more than that over the course of 3-4 evenings this week. Without fail, as the moment of clarity approaches, The Wife or one of my kids comes in to break my mojo and then suddenly after they leave...I get it. Happened again last night when I finally beat Plague Tale and was able to take the above shot. They are like annoying good luck charms.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

^I feel your pain.

I've lost track of the number of times when I'm in the middle of a beastly throw down in a Total War battle when all of the sudden the wife calls out to me to help out in the kitchen. 

Let me tell you, putting a Total War battle on pause, leaving the computer and then coming back to it how ever many minutes later really breaks concentration and I've lost quite a few battles because of this wife induced broken mojo.