Main Menu

HA! I finished it!

Started by MetalDog, February 11, 2015, 11:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-budd-

Well I finished a play through of "this war of mine" not to say i survived until the end......nope...34 days. I read that the end comes around 45 days. Started with 3, went to 4 briefly then one got killed while looking for supplies. Killed about 8 people in the 34 days....wow that seems like a lot...to be fair only 2 were outright murder :knuppel2:, we needed those supplies bad. Not mention turning away the children looking for food or the guy wanting medicine for his sick father. To balance that out i killed a sniper, set free a hostage, help some people board up there shelter against bandits and gave some kids some medicine for their sick mom. Picked up another survivor to get back to 4. lets see, one died from his wounds received when attacked looking for supplies, one ran out in the middle of the night with a lot of supplies never to be seen again. The last 2 got all stressed out got into a fight and wounded each other. The women of the last 2 decided to slit her wrists when she got too overwhelmed and was starving and the last dude decided to hang himself on the first day of spring.

At the end there were a few things working against me game wise. Once they reach broken status they won't do anything. The lady was broken and starving and the food was 2ft. away and she wouldn't get it and you cant ge anyone to feed the person, so she slit her wrists. The last guy got to broken status and since there was no one to talk him down, hung himself. the lesson is don't let them get to broken status, which i think is right after severely depressed. also came across a bug which led to the guy dying from his wounds. I had all the ingredients for bandages but for some reason it wouldn't see that i had the alcohol. Also i couldn't figure out how to melt the snow for water, you can gather the snow but i had no idea how to melt it.

I enjoy the game, i can see me trying again with what i've learned. Its nice that you can pick really different game styles. You can outright try to murder every one if you want or try to help everyone or anything in between. I hear workshop is coming up for this title. That should expand the game a great deal. It does what is does really well. If it's your type of game i'd recommend it O0

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Rayfer

Congrats budd....I don't know anything about the game but finishing any game is this age of endless cheap game sales that keep piling up unplayed is worthy of accolades.

Con

Ha Finished it - Baldurs Gate 2 Enhanced Edition for the iPad.  My job has been keeping me travelling a lot and somewhere over central Wisconsin I finally managed to take down Sarevok lost all my party but my main guy. 

I promised myself I wouldnt get KOTR for the iPad (rated as one of the best RPG games for tablets) until I finished Baldurs Gate so my RPG'ng continues at a frenzied rate.  At this pace it will be like reliving my wasted youth :)

Con

Rayfer

Con....well done! I've started a BG2:EE game twice now but have never finished. Something in a sale comes along and takes its place.

BanzaiCat

Yeah, +1 to the congrats, Con. I never finished either BG1 or BG2. I have BG1 on Steam and keep wanting to go back and start again, but I want to gut Imoen every time I hear her say "Heya! It's me, Imoen!"  :buck2:

Sir Slash

Yeah, but she could throw a mean Fireball. Or maybe that was in the second game. Anyway Congrats Con. BG Was one game that held my interest right to the end. And if you think you've seen the last of Sarevok, play the Throne of Baal add-on and you might run into him again. "Who wants some"?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

BanzaiCat

She's a thief in BG1, I thought. I never played it far enough to recall if there was an option to dual-class her or not. All I remember is she was a pathetic figure that often got killed.

Sir Slash

She gets better in BG2 then. Though is still annoying at times.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

BanzaiCat

Welp, only six years or so late, but I finally finished COD: Modern Warfare 2.

Now I just need to wait on MW3 to go on sale. $40 for a 4+ year-old game...pfft. Maybe I'll finish that one by 2020.

Rayfer

Finally scored a victory (minor, but a victory none the less) in the First Contact 2016 scenario in Command:MANO. This is a tough game to learn but rewarding once the many elements begin to click. I still have a long way to go.

-budd-

congrats to all the finishers. Remember games are meant to be finished, not languish in our ques. Now go out and reward yourselves and buy a new game :2funny: something you want is on sale somewhere waiting for you.

BanzaiCat

I currently have a game deficit...I buy more games than I actually finish.  :buck2:

-budd-

Well i finally beat the 5th night in 5 nights at freddys. I picked up part 2 for my tablet so i decided to go back and finish part 1 that i own on steam. Thank god for cloud saves, i didn't have to start over. I had got so frustrated with night 5 that I rage quit and uninstalled it :-[.Now i can call it done. I'm up to night 3 on part 2, no rage yet ;D

BanzaiCat

^ There's a Part 3 and a Part 4 to work on too, Budd. ;)

Me, FNAF has no appeal - not much replayability. I watched a few YouTube Let's Plays and pretty much got the gist of the jump scares and creepy Chuck E Cheese rejects.

-budd-

For $3 I really don't expect much replay value. The gameplay is different and I find them to be a nice change of pace.I don't know if ill get to part 4, although I like the switch to audio clues from visual in part 4. The Jump scares only work once or twice then it's just surprise, there is a bit of tension in the gameplay when your waiting for the clock to roll to 6, that will make you say words your children shouldn't hear when you don't make it. I like that aspect of the game. It also brings me back to an aspect of gaming I don't get from many games these days that feeling of me vs. The game, " f**k you game,your not going to get the best of me. Don't know why, it just does.