Main Menu

HA! I finished it!

Started by MetalDog, February 11, 2015, 11:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toonces

Quote from: WallysWorld on February 25, 2015, 05:22:08 PM
Finally finished Penumbra: Black Plague, Penumbra: Requiem and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky.

Might get the two other STALKER games as I liked Clear Sky a lot.

That's fantastic, man!  I wish I had stuck with STALKER.  No real reason I didn't....just distracted by some shiny thing I guess.

I started one of the Penubra's, but I couldn't figure out how to get out of the first room.    ???
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

BanzaiCat

Holy schmoley...I received an email from Steam telling me a game on my wishlist is on sale...Fallen Enchantress is 66% off its normal price of $89.99?!?

Wow, that's expensive. I don't remember it being that much when I added it to my wishlist!

Huw the Poo

It's normally £30, whatever that is in USD.  Are you sure you aren't looking at the Stardock pack?

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Huw the Poo on February 26, 2015, 03:16:06 PM
It's normally £30, whatever that is in USD.  Are you sure you aren't looking at the Stardock pack?

That's weird. I added Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes to my wishlist some time ago. The email stated that game was on sale for $30.59. However, $30.59 is the same price as that Stardock pack you mention. 'Normal' Fallen Enchantress is only 19.99. My bad.

W8taminute

Quote from: MetalDog on February 25, 2015, 09:15:04 PM
Quote from: W8taminute on February 25, 2015, 09:10:26 PM
The last game I finished was the single player campaign story in Call of Duty Advanced Warfare.  I haven't finished a strategy game in ages.  Just don't have the brain computing power at the end of the day to think clearly through a strategy game anymore.   :(

I've been in a strategy gaming rut for a while now.  Mindless action games seem to occupy most of my gaming time now.  Help!  Is there something wrong with me?  I used to revel in playing nothing but strategy games.

Nope.  Just your impending old age.

I don't deny that.  Damn this cursed aging process!
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

MetalDog

Another Civ IV BtS solo Monarch game loss.  I was Suleiman against Gilgamesh and one of the Romans.  Gil declared war on Rome and asked me along.  I said sure as I had a stack of Swordsmen and Axemen.  Rome had Longbowmen and noone had researched Feudalism yet!!!!?!?!!!!  I capitulated.  Damn cheating ass game!!!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Tuna

Finished my first game of Warlock 2.. I must say when I first started, I though "This is only an expansion, glad I didn't pay full price". But I'll tell ya, it really pulled me in.. very hard to stop sessions when playing (one more turn).

Silent Disapproval Robot

I finished Blackguards 2 on normal difficulty.  Tighter story than in the first one but they removed a fair amount of depth.  Good game though.  I might play through it again with a different character build.   I made a melee fighter this time which turned out to be a little pointless as you already get two melee focused NPCs your party quite early on.

MetalDog

Solo Civ IV BtS on Prince.  Standard map.  Time VC. Continents and 6 civs.  I was Willem van Oranje.  I had Montezuma and Isabella on my continent.  I got in to a protracted war with Monte.  I took most of his cities and finally vassaled him.  Twenty or so turns later, Isabella declared on me and came down with a super stack.  Time to retire.

Martok

Quote from: Huw the Poo on February 14, 2015, 02:10:16 PM
I am unlikely to ever post in this thread. ;)
I didn't think I would be either, but I finally took out the World Devastators and beat the Battle for Mon Calamari level in Star Wars: Rogue Squadron yesterday.  There are still the bonus levels to play (Beggars Canyon, Death Star Trench Run, and Battle of Hoth), but I've "finished" the game as far as I'm concerned.  8) 

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on February 17, 2015, 09:16:22 AM
Sheeeeeiiiiit. I have too many games I haven't even started, let alone finished.  :-\
Also, this.  :-[ 

Quote from: Anguille on February 17, 2015, 05:46:40 AM
Completed a military victory in Lords of the Black Sun...was fun while it lasted (and worth the 10$ I paid for)....now going to move on to something different.
So what did you enjoy about LofBS?  Its criticisms/shortcomings are pretty well-known by this point, but how about the things it does/did well? 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Shelldrake

Just finished and won my campaign in Empire Total War playing as the British. It only took 100+ hours!  :P
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Sir Slash

Congrats on the win Shelldrake. The Brits have tough victory conditions. O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MetalDog

Congrats, Shelldrake!  A game of that length ALWAYS makes a satisfying experience.  Unless you lose.  And then it becomes EPIC!!!

Bison

Played a little Cities.  Then I starting watching some youtube videos on Cities to look at various road construction methods, which led to an Ancient Aliens episode and then boobs bouncing in a speeding car videos.  So I guess in hind sight I had a fairly successful Friday evening.

MetalDog

Any night that ends with bouncing boobs is successful!  >:D