Main Menu

HA! I finished it!

Started by MetalDog, February 11, 2015, 11:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayfer

Just finished Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition.  Took a long time, kind of burned out on it so I'm not going to tackle the Heart of Winter add-on.  I know Baldurs Gate 2 is considered the superior RPG experience but I liked Icewind Dale more for two reasons....first, you got to create all six characters rather than just one.  And second, in BG:2 the characters I met to add to my party were always dual-class, which I don't like to play.  It seemed everyone of them was a either fighter/thief, cleric/mage, mage/thief or some other combo...jack of all classes, master of none. Oh well, just re-downloaded Operational Art of War with the new patch...time for some hardcore wargaming.

-budd-

How many hours you figure IWD took. I also reinstalled TOAW when i heard about the patch, so might jump into some wargaming. I am almost halfway through a play thru of "this war of mine" so will probably finish that up.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Sir Slash

Congrats on the win Rayfer. Icewind Dale was one of my favorite games too for just the same reason you mentioned-- you get to create an entire party to your liking. For me, it was the same group I had played the Gold Box series through to see how they held-up. Great times!
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Rayfer

Quote from: -budd- on July 08, 2015, 08:32:26 PM
How many hours you figure IWD took. I also reinstalled TOAW when i heard about the patch, so might jump into some wargaming. I am almost halfway through a play thru of "this war of mine" so will probably finish that up.

I would guess about 60 hours....Steam says I played 32 hours but I had played about half of the way through, stopped and deleted the game.  When I reinstalled the game it was on a new computer so nothing carried over. Luckily, I had saved my progress from the old computer and started up again where I left off....and that took me 32 hours.

Huw the Poo

Finally finished something!  My first full game of Civ 5.  My next game will be with the Gods and Kings expansion.

undercovergeek

good skills - nice one  O0

Huw the Poo

undercovergeek

I hear a cultural win is the hardest to get

Sir Slash

Congrats Huw. That's the way to show that fancy little game who's THE MAN.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Huw the Poo

Haha, thanks!  First time I've ever won non-militarily in a game like this, too.  Probably quicker than conquering everyone as well.  Next game I shall bump the difficulty up and be the Celts.

Con

HA I just finished Witcher 2.....
Did the Roche Path (only finished very few RPG games Witcher 1 being one of them).  Amazingly enough i am not witcherd out I am  downloading Witcher 3 as I type

Con

Rayfer

Congrats Con....! I finished 1, I own but couldn't get into 2 for some reason. Good luck with 3.

BanzaiCat

I wish I could get into 1. I tried again recently but just couldn't.

son_of_montfort

For me, I need the title to be "Ha! I didn't finish it!" I am working on Batman: Arkham Knight, Witcher 3, and I still haven't beat a round of Endless Legend (excellent game, btw) or Fallen Enchantress.

I did recently get victory in a protracted Age of Wonders 3 campaign. I felt like I had climbed a mountain, given how much effort it was. I actually won by the conquest victory (killing off the other wizards and taking their capitals), which surprised me because it was easier than the "timer-based" ascension style victory.

I also remember how happy I was when I finished my first Distant Worlds game! Which reminds me, I should boot that up again.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

MetalDog

Not that you need to read from the beginning, but, finished encompasses done, no matter how.  You lost.  You gave up.  Or, in your case, climbed the mountain top for victory.  By the by, any time you want some AoW 3 mp, let me know.  Been trying to get some up for a while now.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob