Main Menu

HA! I finished it!

Started by MetalDog, February 11, 2015, 11:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Bro and I tapped out somewhere in Secret of the Silver Somethingorother -- partly because we had already beaten the Krynn trilogy and the Buck Rogers duology and so were feeling burnout with the engine, and partly because of a bug in one of this game's larger dungeons which seemed to make it impossible to continue (and the dungeons themselves were so much larger we couldn't map them properly on graph paper anymore which added to the frustration.)

(I mean back in the days of the original release -- we were playing on the Commodore 64, not yet the PC, iirc.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

Curse was my very first Gold Box game and I loved it. I made the mistake of trying to sneak past all the Fire Knives in the sewers and when I got to the Boss Fight, I was too weak to win. So I went back and played through fighting everything everywhere to level-up enough for the win. It's got some brutally hard fights... the Red Wizard in the tower and a Dark Elf minion of his on the way up that beat me over and over. HINT: Stinking Cloud spells work on anything if you use them enough times.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

BanzaiCat

Oh, Buck Rogers! I hope GOG releases that one eventually.

jamus34

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 28, 2017, 11:07:18 AM
Oh, Buck Rogers! I hope GOG releases that one eventually.

Yesss considering I could never get past the 2nd mission with the derelict with a bio issue.
Insert witty comment here.

FarAway Sooner

Ah, nostalgia!!  Those were great games indeed.

For myself, I finally victoriously concluded Thea: The Awakening for the first time.  I've logged dang near 50 hours playing that game since Christmas through 2 campaigns (the first one did not end victoriously) and have enjoyed it thoroughly, but I'm ready for a break!  It got a little grindy at the very end, so I'm glad I was able to wrap it up, but I had a blast.

As I've mentioned elsewhere, it's a delightful little game with a free demo, should you be interested in trying it out...    :bd:

Silent Disapproval Robot

I just beat XCOM2 on veteran level.

Kind of neat how they show your game stats compared to the rest of the player base.  It took me much longer to develop weapons and armour than most players but I hacked way more stuff than the average player  (17 hacked units for me vs. the average of 9).

airboy

Finished Curse of the Azure Bonds.

It gives you fireworks and drinks at the end.  It also "assures you" that Mr. T is "really most sincerely dead."  They did not give me a death certificate.

JasonPratt

I don't recall T being hinted at coming back for Game 3 (keeping in mind Bro and I never got near completing it), but I wouldn't place bets on the 4th and final entry, since the Pool comes back.

Meanwhile, I plowed through the whole Titanfall 2 campaign Sunday afternoon from about 12 noon to about 7pm.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

Damn Airboy. That was fast. It took me a year to beat CotAB. What's next? Are you going to stay in the groove and take on Pools of Darkness? It's massive and a Mother to beat.  :bd:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

airboy

Quote from: Sir Slash on February 06, 2017, 10:44:09 PM
Damn Airboy. That was fast. It took me a year to beat CotAB. What's next? Are you going to stay in the groove and take on Pools of Darkness? It's massive and a Mother to beat.  :bd:

Silver Blades is the next in the series.

I need to write reviews of Political Machine; US Marines, Winter War before starting another game.

I wrote a review of Pool + Curse last night.

Sir Slash

I forgot about the Silver Blades. Another good one. I also liked the 'Krynn' series, especially Death Knights of Krynn. Good times.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Finished Steamworld: Heist on experienced difficulty with a final score of 113/123.  Fun game.  I think I might run through it again.

Con

Finished Witcher 3 Blood and wine expansion today plus all previous dlcs
I did every quest
visited every spot on the maps
dug up every treasure
almost rage quit trying to kill the last boss Detlaff about 50 times
I have 330 hour in on it according to Steam....

Loved every min never has a game had me go through such an emotional rollercoaster me like this I am actually truly sad to think its over

Con
Ps got the happy ending retired living the good life with a saucy sorceress girlfriend with a kink for unicorns shacking up with me at my newly restored wine estate

MetalDog

What else could you ask for?  :bd:  :clap:
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Sir Slash

Way to go Con!!  O0 Congrats on the win.