Main Menu

HA! I finished it!

Started by MetalDog, February 11, 2015, 11:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent Disapproval Robot

I found i had better luck taking only two investigators rather than a full compliment of four for the Ithaqua scenario.  The Kate Winthrop/Rita Young team seemed to work best.  Kate can tackle the missions that normally result in monster spawns or insta-death terror results as she's immune to both and Rita can take on the ones that normally dish out damage as she's immune to those.  Stay in the museum until you have at least 10 supplies (12+ is better) and then head out. Push hard and try to get elder signs as quickly as possible because the Alaska missions SUCK and will overwhelm you if you stick around too long.  Try to hold on to clues and glyph locks for the final battles (your gonna need to roll a lot of skulls).  Prepare to lose....a lot.

airboy

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on January 31, 2018, 04:33:07 AM
I found i had better luck taking only two investigators rather than a full compliment of four for the Ithaqua scenario.  The Kate Winthrop/Rita Young team seemed to work best.  Kate can tackle the missions that normally result in monster spawns or insta-death terror results as she's immune to both and Rita can take on the ones that normally dish out damage as she's immune to those.  Stay in the museum until you have at least 10 supplies (12+ is better) and then head out. Push hard and try to get elder signs as quickly as possible because the Alaska missions SUCK and will overwhelm you if you stick around too long.  Try to hold on to clues and glyph locks for the final battles (your gonna need to roll a lot of skulls).  Prepare to lose....a lot.

I bought it last night for my Fire Tablet for $3.99 - I still hate you.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Not no worry.  Insanity will soon replace the hatred.

airboy

I finished Order of Battle: WW2 Panzerkreig.

The last couple of scenarios in the campaign ate up my troops.  I finished without fielding all of the force that I could have fielded.  I spent a ton of resource points upgrading all of my armored units to Panthers or advanced PKIVs plus upgrading all of my infantry to the 1943 arms.

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Sir Slash

Airboy: Master of Order of Battle.  :notworthy:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Rayfer

Silent Disapproval Robot

Now unleash those panzers on horrors from beyond time and space.

Sir Slash

Pillars of Eternity: The Siege of Cragholdt quest. Sir Slash and company stand victorious in front of the throne, or desk, of Concelhaut, the most powerful Wizard in the entire Drywood.

The quest was designed by the game creators to be an Uber-difficult quest and it doesn't disappoint. First you must fight your way through a battalion of very tough mercenaries, then their commander and his personal guard, followed by a slightly smaller army of un-dead animated guardians just to get inside the castle. Inside you have to deal with Concelhaut's 4 apprentices each of whom have a piece of the key to get in to his chambers. One of the apprentices will give you their key if you kill the other 3, but it's not the apprentice you think it will be.  :-X  After them and all their guardians are dealt with, it's the Big Guy himself.

Concelhaut's not quite as tough as Jon Irenicus of Baldur's Gate 2 but he's close. And of course, he also has animated armored guardians too. He's got a lot of firepower but like any good Wizard, if you hit him often, he can't cast spells of Doom and then he goes down pretty quick. The reward is a small mountain of loot and some very nice special items including Concelhaunt's Skull itself that can summon him to fight for you once per day.

I've really enjoyed playing this really hard quest but was a little disappointed that there was no other option of dealing with the Big Guy but killing him. Too bad. He has nice taste in furniture.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

airboy

Damn!  That is one tough battle if it is almost as bad as that horror from Baldurs Gate 2.

Yskonyn

I finished Mission 3 of the A-10C Red Flag campaign!

It's the start of Red Flag where the theme is a Russian invasion of Ukraine (which are designated by specific zones in the NTTR).
I flew a two-ship mission behind the air superiority guys and the SEAD to sweep clean the air and ground in my AO. The Wild Weasels consisted of 2x 2 ship Tornado and 1x 2 ship F-16. The CAP was flown by several 4-ship F-15C flights.

After pushing from the Marshall position we Fenced-In, dropped to 6000ft to get some terrain masking in case the Tornado's would do less than a stellar job and we made way to our Initial Point where we could contact a Predator controller acting as FAC(A).
Contact was made without any problems and the Tornado's and F-16s did a fine job of keeping the SAMs busy.
'Enfield' (the Predator controller) talked us on to our priority target; a road coloumn of vehicles trekking to the border of Ukraine consisting of IFVs, Artillery vehicles and several support vehicles.
Enfield wanted us to run in with cluster munitions (of which we both carried 4) to take out most of the coloumn in one go.
I ordered my wingman to go Trail (formation trekking behind me) and I gave him the call to use his cluster munitions as well.
As visual contact was made with the coloumn, Enfield confirmed it was our target and marked it with willy pete (white smoke). I quickly made a mark point and was cleared for the attack.
First run came off dry, because of me fumbling with the buttons, but my wingman was more professional and lay a carpet of thousands of pinpricks.
Several vehicles were destroyed outright, but not all and the coloumn dispersed.
I got re-cleared by Enfield and my second run was perfect. Two CBU-97s came off my racks in short succession to pepper the whole area once again.
One artillery verhicle somehow survived our attacks and went in full panic mode, racing down the road trying to make for the border.
I came around, armed a maverick, locked onto him and within a few seconds the heavy missile came off my wing.
Mission complete! Time to head home. :)

Unfortunately while egressing my AI wingman did something stupid; he climbed above 8000ft in his attempt to somehow join up with me. Weird, because I was much lower, but the act got him nailed right away by a SAM that aparently had survived the SEAD boys.
Returning to Nellis I didn't hear any of the Tornado's or Falcons anymore. I am curious about what happened to them, will have to check the Tacview recording tomorrow.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Sir Slash

Pillars of Eternity. I FINALLY beat the 'Big Baddie' at the bottom of my stronghold. No spoilers here to ruin the surprise but here's the Treasure Trove IT was guarding. And what a hell-of-a-fight it was.  :o   With everybody else face down, Sir Slash literally killed the beast with his last blow of his big-ass hammer as his health ran down to the single digits. But an epic haul of loot followed. So.... Ale and Serving Wenches all around on me.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Sir Slash on February 07, 2018, 01:09:09 PM
So.... Ale and Serving Wenches all around on me.

:o :o Soooo...
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

I gotcha covered. Me and my Posse are waiting on you outside of Brighthollow, my Inn/Bar at my stronghold Caed Nua. Everybody knows where that is, across the river from Black Meadow. If you hit Yenwood Field, you've gone to far, and are probably ass-deep in dead bodies. Better hurry guys, the ale's getting warm and the wenches are getting cold.

airboy

Congrats!  I'm going to get back to that when I complete Underrail.