Main Menu

HA! I finished it!

Started by MetalDog, February 11, 2015, 11:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I don't know where she took my underware but where ever it was, it was wellware worth it. Now my socks....I miss them. Especially the ones with little pugs on them.  :dreamer:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

FarAway Sooner

At least she didn't sock you in the underware!  That'd hurt...

I myself just finished my first game of Shadow Empires.  It was set on EASY mode (i.e., no major opponents, plenty of rainfall, ability to grow crops in the open air (if at reduced caloric value!), etc.), and mostly I was just trying to master the interface. 

I'd spend ten or twenty turns trying to figure out how to build assets and resources while I just sort of screwed around with everything else.  Then I'd spend ten or twenty turns filling a few new committees and see what the Hell they did.  I figured out diplomacy last, which meant that I just started Unifying about 3 or 4 Minors every 2 turns.  The last few turns were a grind, but I kind of knew this one would be a cakewalk.  I ended up winning in 102 turns, but I wasn't really trying to win so much as figure out the interface, so I don't worry about how long it took.

My leaders were all deliriously happy with me as long as I paid them modest amounts.  I'm assuming that this was a function of my difficulty setting. 

My biggest frustration was that I ended up with about 2,000 stratagem cards that I never used.  I clearly had some settings wrong somewhere in my committee priorities, but I have no idea where!  Still, it's a fun and crazy deep game.  I can't wait for the Alien Invasion scenarios to come out eventually...   :bd:

airboy

Congratulations!

On Strategy cards, some of the committees on the slider bars generate a ton of stratigums and do "something" else.  If you adjust the slider you get fewer of the cards.

I try to use all of the useful ones, but still by midgame I have a pile of the things many of which I would never consider playing.

Some committees only generate cards - like your spy group and your foreign affairs groups.  If you dump lots and lots of spies on a neighboring country, you start getting very good intelligence on their troop deployment which is very useful.

But still, Congratulations!  I stopped shy of an "official" victory when I knew that it was all over.  I wish there was a victory condition setup like there is in Space Empires 4.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

FarAway Sooner

Quote from: airboy on January 10, 2021, 11:04:18 AM
I stopped shy of an "official" victory when I knew that it was all over.  I wish there was a victory condition setup like there is in Space Empires 4.
Yeah, the End Game was pretty dreadful and grindy.  I'd love to be able to toggle that lower myself.  By the time I have 40% of the world map, there's no way anybody in that universe is stopping me, but getting another 10% can be really painful.

Sir Slash

Congrats on the WIN Sooner.  :notworthy:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Anguille

airboy

Quote from: FarAway Sooner on January 10, 2021, 08:25:58 PM
Quote from: airboy on January 10, 2021, 11:04:18 AM
I stopped shy of an "official" victory when I knew that it was all over.  I wish there was a victory condition setup like there is in Space Empires 4.
Yeah, the End Game was pretty dreadful and grindy.  I'd love to be able to toggle that lower myself.  By the time I have 40% of the world map, there's no way anybody in that universe is stopping me, but getting another 10% can be really painful.

I felt the same way.  I found it very grindy when I had >40% of the population and 30% of the planet's surface and stopped.

Excellent game, but it gets grindy at the end.

bobarossa

There's an option to have an advanced AI regime somewhere on the planet.  That may make the end game more interesting. 

jamus34

Well I just beat the main portion of Borderlands 3. Final battle was somewhat anti-climatic, I felt the previous boss battle was a lot more gripping and tense.

I'll run through the DLC as typically Gearbox does a great job with that and might look at some of the post-game stuff but I'm satisfied with my purchase. Borderlands is what it is at this point, you either like the style and humor or you don't.
Insert witty comment here.

airboy

Congrats on the Borderlands win!

jamus34

Insert witty comment here.

Sir Slash

All Right Jamus34!  :clap:

devoncop

I feel like I won the Olympics  👍

First long RPG I ever managed to finish....Wasteland 3 on normal but even so .....,

What a magnificent  game. Real rollercoaster of emotions, difficult choices... great atmosphere and writing and when I finished having " succeeded"  I was left with the awful feeling I had supported the wrong side  ;D.....

Only two minor bugs in 120 hours playtime.

Kudos to the developers.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games