Main Menu

HA! I finished it!

Started by MetalDog, February 11, 2015, 11:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

al_infierno

Congrats Slash!   :clap:
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Sir Slash

Thanks al. Now it's on to, 'Road to Kiev' to see how Army Group South plays.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

jamus34

I know it's not really anyone's cup of tea here but I beat (and platinumed) Persona 5 Royal on the PS.

Story can be a bit cringeworthy but Altus makes some technically sound turn based RPG combat.
Insert witty comment here.

Sir Slash

Very good Jamus, and Congrats on the win.  :bd:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

W8taminute

Nice job Jamus.  Anytime anyone platinums a PS game it's worth celebrating as it's not easy.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Sir Slash

WitE: The Road to Kiev. The AI managed to hang-on for a Minor Victory against me cause I was not able to drive-out the very stubborn Russian defenders and grab Kiev for the win on the last turn of the scenario, despite throwing 8 divisions at the city including 2 SS divs and a Panzer Div.  :pullhair:

Rayfer

SS...is this the original WitE or the newer release?

Gusington

Going to assume that a minor victory in WitE is a very major victory in anything else!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Quote from: Sir Slash on September 28, 2021, 10:52:37 AM
WitE: The Road to Kiev. The AI managed to hang-on for a Minor Victory against me cause I was not able to drive-out the very stubborn Russian defenders and grab Kiev for the win on the last turn of the scenario, despite throwing 8 divisions at the city including 2 SS divs and a Panzer Div.  :pullhair:

First thing I thought of after reading your summary was "That must have been how Paulus felt at Stalingrad"!   ;D
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Sir Slash

It's the original. I'm learning in this game, units attacking a heavily defended target like Kiev do much better attacking from a, 'Standing Start' meaning without moving first during the turn. Which makes sense when doing a Prepared Assault. I was playing on the, 'Normal' difficulty level which I had thought was getting too easy. But somewhere prior the crafty AI had gotten me about a turn behind schedule and I never made it back up. My own fault. Great game!

Karri

Quote from: Sir Slash on September 28, 2021, 10:52:37 AM

When attacking cities the thing that really matters is loading up your units with pioneers.

Sir Slash

Yes, and other Support Units from Corp HQ's. Along with a good bombing or two.  O0

Gusington

I just beat Diablo in Diablo III! What kind of wonky year it is that I have finished more than one game.

However, there is an Act V in Diablo III that I have now moved on to (Reaper of Souls expansion added it).

Also, Battlenet does not have as intuitive a screenshot feature as Steam, etc., so it will take me some more time to dig up some shots.

Took me about 15 minutes of button mashing to beat him and the sounds coming out of my study were like a combination of the finales of The Exorcist and Ghostbusters on steroids.

Fun times!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Congrats on the Win Gus. That's keeping the Grogheads end up.  :notworthy:

W8taminute

Diablo III is a great game.  Good job Gus!