Consolidated 2015-16 Soccer / Futbol Thread

Started by bayonetbrant, July 20, 2015, 11:30:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Columbus just added a 5th from a sub who hadn't scored all year.  And this with the league's leading goal-scorer suspended from the game for yellow cards, and the team's MVP given the day off for his birthday (and he's accumulated yellows, too)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

Bison

Kansas City Sporting's first preseason game is on the 17th against Columbus.  I'll admit I'm not a huge soccerball fan, but I do like to watch the occasional match.  I'm planning on hitting a Sporting match this summer in conjunction with a Royals game.

bayonetbrant

Come to Origins, and we can his the Columbus - DC game on that Saturday :)

Bison

Barthheart

Quote from: bayonetbrant on February 02, 2016, 01:15:13 PM
Come to Origins, and we can his the Columbus - DC game on that Saturday :)

Wait! What? You'd give up board wargaming to watch a soccer match?!?  :idiot2:

bayonetbrant

well...  last day of BPL season, so this thread'll close soon

Newcastle United have already been relegated, but are going out while kicking Tottenham's ass.

They scored 2 goals at full strength.  They scored 3 goals after going down a man b/c of a red card.

Where the FUCK has this effort been all year!?!?

Pinetree

They had a shit manager,  hopefully they get to keep Benitez, they would get back up for sure with him in charge. Spurs really went off the boil in their last few games. Allowing Arsenal to finish ahead of them will piss them off no end.

Looks like Mourinho is getting Man U after all: http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36351371

Next season should be awesome.
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

bayonetbrant

just in case anyone was watching yesterday, RBNY demolished NYCFC 7-0.  And I'm not sure it was that close...