Steve Spurrier retires

Started by MetalDog, October 12, 2015, 09:08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

OJsDad

Quote from: MetalDog on October 13, 2015, 09:01:27 PM
I see both of you made excuses.  Neither provided the proper answer to my question, which is, no, our teams will NEVER make the playoff.  'Bama, even with one loss, is still in the hunt this year and made it last year.  And has three National Championships in the last six years.  So, when the mighty stride by, the little people nip at their heels.  The price the juggernaut pays for success.

Well, my #4 ranked State team went last year, and beat your #1 ranked boys from Bama on their way to winning the National Title!

If you don't remember, perhaps these will help.

The entire game, just encase.

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

MetalDog

You're a good man, OJsDad.  Very helpful.  Once I have the time, I could go through YouTube and dig up some highlights from the 9 straight SEC National Championships if you'd like?  Besides, it took an SEC coach to bring those Buckeyes a championship, so.........there's that ;)

OJsDad

Urban was born and raised in Ohio.  He also did 2 years as a graduate assistant at Ohio State before the SEC had ever heard of him.  He just came back home.

Good luck with those State boys from Louisiana.  ;)

Gawd, I love high school and college football!
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

MetalDog

Honestly, I think A&M is going to hand it to 'Bama this week.  And Fornette will prove how truly special he is if he can carve up the Alabama run D.  Any time OSU wants to play a real tough schedule, they can play the SEC West.  They'd be towards the top of the division, but, they'd be one of a number.

OJsDad

I'm looking forward to the LSU Bama game.  I think it will be one of the best this year.

MetalDog

It'll bet a better game if they both win out until then.  Tough row to hoe for 'Bama to get there though.  And I think I'm working the day of the game.  The good news is, almost everyone will be at home and I can collect any money they owe me :)  I might get fed, too.  These Southern football fans like to throw a party :)

airboy

I was amazed he quit during the season.

But my wife and I hated Spurrier long, long before the rest of you.  We hated him at Dook for running trick plays against UNC when he had a 5+ touchdown lead.  Evil bastard.

Bison

Huh I hadn't realized spurrier coached at duke. 

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Bison on October 27, 2015, 12:02:40 PM
Huh I hadn't realized spurrier coached at duke. 

That was his first college HC gig. He'd been the OC there and then got promoted. Duke has won the ACC more recently than NC St or UNC
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Bison

Makes sense.  Duke produces evil.

airboy

Quote from: Bison on October 27, 2015, 12:43:12 PM
Makes sense.  Duke produces evil.

I agree with everything but your spelling of Dook.

OJsDad

Quote from: airboy on October 27, 2015, 11:44:26 AM
I was amazed he quit during the season.

At first I was confused also.  But then I got to thinking about it.  It gives SC a possible head start on looking for a new coach.  I think if he would of held on till the end of the season, he may have been tempted to stay on, and I think he truly believes it's time for him to move on.  I think you can look at Texas and realize what happens when a coach stayed too long.