Command Ops 2 on Steam Greenlight

Started by -budd-, August 18, 2016, 08:33:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-budd-

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Hofstadter

My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Lowenstaat

A big yes vote from me, too. I've been playing Panther Games' titles since Airborne Assault: Highway to the Reich in 2003. The game engine, now known as Command Ops, is very unique in computer wargaming. I hope to see this on Steam soon with Workshop support and, who knows, maybe some expansion packs for late 20th century and modern conflicts.
"Initiative compensates for a lack of skill."

MikeGER

Raied

kludger

Wburn

So did I, wonder if they will drop the price on Steam?

Grim.Reaper

If I had to guess, no.  They still plan to sell non steam versions so likely will match...but maybe sakes will reduce.  Plus base game already free, you only pay for the modules you want.

-budd-

The commanders pack is under $20 a module, yea it's a bit of an outlay at $99 but I counted 76 scenarios of various size and duration, a lot of gaming there.

Rayfer

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on August 20, 2016, 04:25:49 AM
If I had to guess, no.  They still plan to sell non steam versions so likely will match...but maybe sakes will reduce.  Plus base game already free, you only pay for the modules you want.

I wonder if it will be free with the Steam release?

Grim.Reaper

It would seem odd to me if the base game did not remain free on steam...that's their whole sales strategy to hook people in.  If it is not free, no idea why anyone would buy it there when they could go to the publisher site for free (even though I know some like steam).

Wburn

I own several of the modules currently. I hope that they are successful with Steam and are able to get enough capital for more game development.

JasonPratt

I'm pretty sure I already own all the modules originally available (not any of the ones released subsequently, because dang I haven't even played the original ones yet); and I was glad to Greenlight it. I hope they get fully "lit" and pick up a lot of new customers!

(And also that they'll get around to finally converting all of Conquest of the Aegean material, but that's just me...  ::) :smitten: )
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

-budd-

Con

So what does that mean exactly?

Does Steam now sell it or is the decision up to Panther games if they want to offer it on Steam.  Is there more money now for Panther games that they can use for development of other titles (their long awaited East Front for instance?).  Will steam work the same way with free base game expensive modules.

Just curious on what happens now that it is greenlit

Con