PBEM++ Is Forever My Foe -- A Quixotic Polemic

Started by Cyrano, August 22, 2016, 09:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PipFromSlitherine

Quote from: Cyrano on August 23, 2016, 07:46:13 PM
@Nefaro:  Courses for horses, of course, but I've never had that sort of a problem with straight PBEM.  Or at least not much of one.  It only made me yearn for proper head to head play which returns me to my theme.  Then again, finding the H2HH for CMx2 was a real revelation.

@Pip:  You are very kind -- I mean this sincerely (cursed inhuman internet) -- to indulge my rant.  After all, I'm clearly a fan and this is a detail, but damned if it doesn't drive me insane.  That, however, said:

1.  You can't know how many or how few people would participate in proper MP over PBEM++ for those three titles as you've never offered the former for any of them.  The Scourge of War community is a pretty healthy one on-line and those games run no small length of time.

2.  I will here register my doubts that any future turn-based, top-tier title from the Matrix/Slitherine annex will eschew PBEM++ for better methods of MP play.

Again, and again sincerely, my very best.

Jim
You are correct we would never drop the PBEM++ system - irrespective of how many theoretical H2H players there may be out there, the community has definitely spoken on PBEM++ and they love it.  A lot.  But as I say we are always experimenting with systems to make more people happy.  So you may be surprised...

Cheers

Pip

Cyrano

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

bbmike

Hotseat. Just have hotseat in every game, that's all I ask.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

panzerde

Quote from: Cyrano on August 25, 2016, 01:21:46 PM
Well, I certainly do love surprises!

You do not love surprises. There has no been one time that I've surprised you in a game that you liked it.
;)
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres